Today marks the 21st anniversary of the day that hip hop icon, Tupac Shakur, was gunned down in Las Vegas.
Pac’s music and influence is still so profound that it’s hard to believe he’s been gone for over two decades. In celebration of the music legend’s life, check out these rare pics of Pac living his best life.
13 Rare Photos Celebrating The Life Of Tupac Shakur was originally published on globalgrind.com
13 Rare Photos Celebrating The Life Of Tupac Shakur
13 photos Launch gallery
1. Mouse Man and Tupac, aka Slick D and MC New York. Mouse Man was Tupac’s friend during his teenage years in Baltimore.
1 of 13
2. Janet Jackson #HappyBirthday, @JanetJackson.
2 of 13
3. “Ya always was a black queen, mama.” #HappyMothersDay
3 of 13
4. Queen Latifah
4 of 13
5. ’96 @chicagobulls vs @lakers game
5 of 13
6. “That which does not kill me can only make me stronger. I don’t see why everybody feel as though that they gotta tell me how to live my life.”
6 of 13
7. Black and white.
7 of 13
8. Happy Birthday @angiemartinez!
8 of 13
9. “Now I clown around when I hang with the Underground.”
9 of 13
10. “I’m seein’ nuttin’ but my dreams comin’ true, while I’m starin’ at the world through my rearview.”
10 of 13
11. “Our friendship grew because we had so much in common. We were two people just trying to make it. We understood each other’s background. I could gripe with him about things that he understood and the same with him.” -Yoyo In 1993. Tupac was a roadie and dancer for Digital Underground; he met a young pioneering female rapper named Yo-Yo (@yoyofearless) who was just starting out with Ice Cube. Based on their love for rapping, the two became inseparable during the tour.
11 of 13
12. Happy Birthday @Mchammer! #HappyBirthdayMcHammer
12 of 13
13. ‘On the “Yo piano man…rock, rock on.” Candid moment of @2Pac on the set of Raw Fusion’s “Rockn’ to the P.M.” You can catch him rocknpiano in the video.
13 of 13