- Date/time: May 11th, 7:00am to 10:30am
- Venue: Comerica Park
- Address: 2100 Woodward Ave, Detroit, Michigan, 48201
Known as one of the best days in the city of Detroit, May 11, 2019 Komen Detroit Race for the Cure® has something for everyone. Ten thousand pink ribbons will decorate the refreshed Race route along Gratiot and the Dequindre Cut-Greenway where 10-plus bands and entertainment groups will perform. Ford Motor Company will showcase mobility vehicles and are the exclusive sponsors of Chip Timing for the runners. Sponsors and other booths around Comerica Park will have giveaways and offer exciting activities inside and outside the ballpark.
RACE DAY ACTIVITIES:
SURVIVOR & MEMORIAL RECOGNITION:
· 7:15 a.m. Dedication of the John and Debbie Dingell Survivor Café.
· Survivor Trolley for breast cancer survivors not up to a 5K walk – Pre-registration required.
· 8:25 a.m. Pre-Race Survivor/Memorial Recognition (Opening Ceremony).
· Children’s Area – games and giveaways. Not a drop-off; children must be accompanied by adult.
· Entertainment along the route – more than 10 bands.
· Sponsor booths with giveaways.
· Stuff Check courtesy of UPS.
· 10,000 pink ribbons and messages along the route.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
|7:00 a.m.||Street closures begin; onsite registration starts|
|7:00 a.m.||Packet Pickup, Registration, Survivor Café, Memorial Site, Children’s Area, and Sponsor Booths open|
|7:15 a.m.||Dedication of the John and Debbie Dingell Survivor Café|
|8:00 a.m.||Opening Ceremony hosted by TBA – honoring survivors and lost loved ones|
|Team Awards Presented
Competitive 5K Run Start –New Race route to include Dequindre Cut-Greenway following runners
5K Walk Start – behind the runners
|10:30 a.m.||Runner Awards and Closing Ceremony hosted by TBA|
PARKING – Ample parking at reasonable cost around Comerica Park
· Senator Debbie Stabenow
· Congresswoman Brenda Lawrence
· Senator Gary Peters
· Congresswoman Debbie Dingell
· Mayor Mike Duggan
· Wayne County Executive Warren C. Evans
· Former U.S. Representative John Conyers, Jr.
· Detroit Council President Brenda Jones
· Oakland County Executive L. Brooks Patterson
· Macomb County Executive Mark Hackel
· Macomb County Commissioner Candice Miller
· Governor Gretchen Whitmer
· Lieutenant Governor Garlin Gilchrist