Aretha Franklin, legendary singer, is being described as “gravely ill”. The queen of soul is 76 and has been battling severe health problems for a few years now forcing her to cancel shows.
However, things have gotten worse and it’s now being reported that her family is gathering at her bedside in Detroit. The family is asking for privacy and prayers.
Throughout her Career, Aretha has won 20 Grammys as well as 3 lifetime achievement awards. Aretha was also the first ever woman inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. Her career has not only shaped music history but American history as well.
Powerhouse Performances From Aretha Franklin That Proves She Will Always Be The Queen Of Soul
1. Aretha FranklinSource:Getty 1 of 12
2. Aretha Franklin sings "My Country Tis of Thee" at the inauguration of President Barack Obama on January 20th, 2009Source: 2 of 12
3. Aretha Franklin performed at the 2015 Kennedy Center HonorsSource: 3 of 12
4. Aretha Franklin Singing For President Jimmy Carter In 1977Source: 4 of 12
5. Aretha Franklin Singing 'I Dreamed a Dream' For President Bill ClintonSource: 5 of 12
6. Aretha Franklin Performs 'I Say A Little Prayer' in 1994Source: 6 of 12
7. "Giving Him Something He Can Feel" in 1976Source: 7 of 12
8. Aretha Franklin At The White House 2015Source: 8 of 12
Aretha Franklin Reportedly ‘Gravely Ill’ At 76 Surrounded By Friends And Family was originally published on Hot1079Philly.com