Aretha Franklin, legendary singer, is being described as “gravely ill”. The queen of soul is 76 and has been battling severe health problems for a few years now forcing her to cancel shows.
However, things have gotten worse and it’s now being reported that her family is gathering at her bedside in Detroit. The family is asking for privacy and prayers.
Throughout her Career, Aretha has won 20 Grammys as well as 3 lifetime achievement awards. Aretha was also the first ever woman inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame. Her career has not only shaped music history but American history as well.
Powerhouse Performances From Aretha Franklin That Proves She Will Always Be The Queen Of Soul
1. Aretha FranklinSource:Getty 1 of 12
2. Aretha Franklin sings "My Country Tis of Thee" at the inauguration of President Barack Obama on January 20th, 20092 of 12
3. Aretha Franklin performed at the 2015 Kennedy Center Honors3 of 12
4. Aretha Franklin Singing For President Jimmy Carter In 19774 of 12
5. Aretha Franklin Singing 'I Dreamed a Dream' For President Bill Clinton5 of 12
6. Aretha Franklin Performs 'I Say A Little Prayer' in 19946 of 12
7. "Giving Him Something He Can Feel" in 19767 of 12
8. Aretha Franklin At 'Divas Live' in 19988 of 12
9. Aretha Franklin Sings 'Amazing Grace' With The Legendary Rev. James Cleveland on Piano9 of 12
10. Aretha Franklin At The White House 201510 of 12
Aretha Franklin Reportedly ‘Gravely Ill’ At 76 Surrounded By Friends And Family was originally published on Hot1079Philly.com