All respect for Jimmy Kimmel but last night’s Oscars showed that Tiffany Haddish and Maya Rudolph are the two women who would be perfect to host next year.
The twosome were paired together to present the awards for Best Documentary Short at the Academy Awards and from the moment their walkout music stopped, they began riffing on everything. #OscarsSoWhite, kicking off your heels because you’ve been standing in them all day, assuring nervous white folks that nothing crazy had happened and more. Haddish also continued her campaign to get Meryl Streep to play her mother in the Girls Trip sequel (please let this happen).
In case you didn’t see Tiffany’s dress from on the red carpet, she paid tribute to her father’s native land of Eritrea. Haddish’s dad passed away last year.
So, let’s recap Tiffany Haddish’ Oscars debut. She:
- Wore the same dress from her Saturday Night Live debut because we’re going to get everything out of this dress
- Jumps Meryl Streep on the red carpet
- Rocked Ugg slippers on the Oscars stage
- Cracks jokes on everybody in the room, namely making people uncomfortable
- Begs Meryl Streep to be her mom
- Probably will end up hosting this year’s BET Awards. Why? Cause she ready
Tiffany Haddish And Maya Rudolph Need Host All The Award Shows was originally published on theboxhouston.com