Sza and Kendrick Lamar are being sued over Black Panther video!! This sounds all kind of wrong but according to TMZ the pair are being sued for stolen artwork used in the Black Panther soundtrack music video!! TMZ says:
Lina Iris Viktor claims her fine art titled “Constellations I,” “Constellations II” and “Constellations III” are being used in the official music video for the musicians’ song “All the Stars” … despite her refusing permission.
The artist claims reps for the movie contacted her twice — in 2016 and as recently as January — asking her to lend her work to the movie or create new work for it … but she said no.
Wow!! TMZ reports:
Viktor claims the vid tries to mimic the “unique look and feel” of her works, but also uses “specific copyrightable elements” such as “stylized motifs of mythical animals, gilded geometric forms on a black background, and distinctively textured areas and patterns.”
In an added twist of irony … Viktor says the movie promotes themes of black and female empowerment, yet ignored her wishes … and she’s a black, African woman.
This isn’t looking good!! Peep the video and artwork HERE and judge for yourself!
11 Reasons To Love SZA (PHOTOS)
1. Because she’s down with the boys (The TDE boys that is).Source:Instagram 1 of 11
2. She’s a natural hair icon in every right.Source:Instagram 2 of 11
3. I mean, LOOK AT THAT HAIR.Source:Instagram 3 of 11
4. Because she runs in a circle of equally gorgeous friends.Source:Instagram 4 of 11
5. She’s a vegan, but she’s not afraid to indulge in some junk food. #ShamelessSource:Instagram 5 of 11
6. Because she’s a yogi.Source:Instagram 6 of 11
7. Because she brings a whole new definition to tom-boy chic.Source:Instagram 7 of 11
8. And she still knows how to dress it up.Source:Instagram 8 of 11
9. And she knows how to do Fashion Week justice.Source:Instagram 9 of 11
10. And just as easily go back to her tom-boy tendencies with style.Source:Instagram 10 of 11
11. Because she’s adorable. Duh!Source:Instagram 11 of 11