Pharrell is being sued? Well, kinda!! His Billionaire Boys Club clothing line is being sued by a blind man according to reports!! It’s being reported that the clothing line is being sued for not accommodating the blind and visually impaired customers!! Huh?! Well we peeped the story over at theJasmineBrand. According to them:
the suit was filed this month by Victor Lopez and states,
“Plaintiff brings this civil rights action against BILLIONAIRE BOYS CLUB, LLC AND BILLIONAIRE BOYS CLUB AND ICE CREAM RETAIL OPERATIONS, LLC (“Defendant” or “COMPANY”) for its failure to design, construct, maintain, and operate its website to be fully accessible to and independently usable by Plaintiff and other blind or visually-impaired people. Defendant’s denial of full and equal access to its website, and therefore denial of its products and services offered thereby and in conjunction with its physical locations, is a violation of Plaintiff’s rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”)….
The suit says that the clothing line’s website, WWW.BBCICECREAM.COM (the “Website” or
“Defendant’s website”), is not equally accessible to blind and visually- impaired consumers, it violates the ADA. Plaintiff seeks a permanent injunction to cause a change in Defendant’s corporate policies, practices, and procedures so that Defendant’s website will become and remain accessible to blind and visually-impaired consumers.
Pharrell’s company heads some explaining to do!! Peep more of the story HERE!! Peep the FULL story plus videos HERE!!!
Every Time Pharrell Williams Was A Trendsetter
1. Bape became successful thanks in large part to Pharrell’s co-sign early on.Source:Getty 1 of 16
2. Bape, BBC, and Ice Cream had the co-sign from Kanye West.Source:Getty 2 of 16
3. Pharrell made being a N.E.R.D. cool.Source:Getty 3 of 16
4. Letterman jackets would become a staple in Pharrell’s clothing line.Source:Getty 4 of 16
5. Pharrell rocking Billionaire Boys Club, his successful clothing brand.Source:Getty 5 of 16
6. Before there were Yeezys, there were Ice Creams.Source:Getty 6 of 16
7. He dubbed this oversized, bright purple Hermes as his “travel bag.”Source:Getty 7 of 16
8. Remember when Pharrell had people of all ages attempting the Star Trek symbol?Source:Getty 8 of 16
9. High fashion fur at a Moncler show.Source:Getty 9 of 16
10. His Louis Vuitton scarf was pretty dope.Source:Getty 10 of 16
11. Pharrell has always cleaned up nice.Source:Getty 11 of 16
12. Ice Cream craze.Source:Getty 12 of 16
13. Before Lil Wayne was skateboarding, Pharrell was and reppin’ it hard.Source:Getty 13 of 16
14. The infamous Pharrell hat.Source:Getty 14 of 16
15. Back in the day, Pharrell’s signature style included trucker hats.Source:Getty 15 of 16
16. When his pants were shorter than his wife’s on the red carpet.Source:Getty 16 of 16