From music mogul to professional athlete to television and movie actor, there are not many things that Percy Miller, a.k.a. Master P hasn’t done in his entrepreneurial career. Now, it seems the New Orleans legend has his sights set on taking over the cannabis industry. But he’s hitting some roadblocks.
According to TMZ, Master P is suing Privateer Holdings for reneging on a deal last March. Miller alleges that the private equity firm pulled out of an agreement that had the firm producing and distributing a Master P-branded line of marijuana. On his end, Miller was tasked with promoting the brand and covering half of production costs, and the product was supposed to be released in conjunction with a music festival where Miller was set to perform. The agreement fell through when Privateer Holdings pulled out.
Miller now thinks the firm had no intention to work with him, but instead used him and his knowledge of Black culture to gain an inside look at how African Americans participate in the cannabis industry. That accusation is the focus of the lawsuit, which seeks to recover more than $25 million in lost profits.
The Best Advice From Some Of The Richest Black People In The World
1. Serena Williams, Athlete & Businesswoman | Net Worth: $100 MillionSource: 1 of 10
2. Janice Bryant Howroyd, Founder of Employment Agency ACT-1 Group | Net Worth: $250 MillionSource: 2 of 10
3. Cathy Hughes, Founder Of RadioOne & TVOne | Net Worth: $300 millionSource: 3 of 10
4. Russell Simmons, Businessman & Activist| Net Worth: $325 millionSource: 4 of 10
5. Robert “Bob” Johnson, Founder of BET | Net Worth: $550 millionSource: 5 of 10
6. Sean “Puff Daddy” Combs: Businessman | Net Worth: $735 MillionSource: 6 of 10
7. Michael Jordan, Athlete & Businessman | Net Worth: $1 BillionSource: 7 of 10
8. Folorunsho Alakija, Nigerian Businesswoman | Net Worth: $2 BillionSource: 8 of 10
9. Oprah Winfrey, Businesswoman & Philanthropist | Net Worth: $3 BillionSource: 9 of 10
10. Aliko Dangote, Billionaire African Entrepreneur | Net Worth: US $18.3 BillionSource: 10 of 10
Don’t Mess With Master P’s Business, He Will Sue You was originally published on cassiuslife.com