The Wu-Tang Clan sat down with Montreality to talk Prodigy, mumble rap and more.
On Prodigy, RZA said, “We love Prodigy, all of us. Prodigy’s worked with all of us in different capacities. We lost a true legend of hip-hop, a true emcee, and we all feel that loss,” The Mobb Deep rapper passed away on June 20 from complications with sickle cell anemia. “Some emcees don’t get good ’til they’re 25 or something. But at 19, the kid was already nice,” RZA said.
RZA had some serious thoughts on “mumble rap,” which may surprise you. He doesn’t discriminate against anyone’s creativity. “First of all, what is mumble rap; who made that title?” he adds. “I bet you the guys who’re doing it, they didn’t call it mumble rap. That’s what the media calls it. Let them make their music and have fun and do their thing.” Well said, RZA!
Watch the rest of their sit-down with Montreality in the video above.
Stay up-to-date by following us on Facebook, Twitter and on Instagram at @hiphopdetroit.
These 12 Rappers Lost Weight & Look Better Than Ever
23 photos Launch gallery
1. Missy Elliott was one of the biggest stars of the '90s.
1 of 23
2. Now she's known as one of the best producers of all time and looks better than ever.
2 of 23
3. Rick Ross has always been a big boss.
3 of 23
4. Now the rapper just comes in a smaller package—75 pounds smaller (and counting).
4 of 23
5. Dr. Dre was a comfortable producer from Compton.
5 of 23
6. Then he started hitting the gym as much as the studio...and voilà.
6 of 23
7. David Banner went from wild rapper...
7 of 23
8. To superconscious king.
8 of 23
9. Timbaland's larger than life beats won everyone over in the '90s.
9 of 23
10. But both his beats and his health have gotten even better over the years.
10 of 23
11. Before heading to prison, Remy Ma was a carefree girl from the Bronx.
11 of 23
12. Remy came home as a grown woman who is clearly about that gym life.
12 of 23
13. Waka Flocka came in the game as a wild boy.
13 of 23
14. After changing his lifestyle and becoming vegan, Waka seems a lot more content.
14 of 23
15. There's nothing in the world that Queen Latifah can't do.
15 of 23
16. ...Including lose lots of weight while still managing to look like her fine self.
16 of 23
17. Scarface never let the industry change him.
17 of 23
18. But the rapper has become more health conscious and feels he's happier because of it.
18 of 23
19. Jadakiss has been a fire emcee for over 20 years.
19 of 23
20. With his weight loss, he still looks the same as he did 20 years ago.
20 of 23
21. Fat Joe may have to change his name after his drastic weight loss.
Source:Radio One Houston
21 of 23
22. These days, he's Fly Joe.
22 of 23
23. Paul Wall looks like a completely different person. Still tippin'.
23 of 23