After catching flack from fans who look to him to be their mouthpiece against racial injustice, the Atlanta native took to TMZ to clear the air. He told the site that he agrees Bill shouldn’t lose his job over his controversial joke on and that he’s a firm believer in Maher’s First Amendment rights. However, he also says that things would’ve played out much differently if he had been sitting across from Bill, instead of Sen. Ben Sasse. He said “I would have punched Bill in his stomach and said you sound stupid. And we would have smoked a joint after.”
Mike added, “If you people want to start protesting him, do what you want to do. But as for me, I’m not going to limit entertainers and what they can say. ‘Cause when you start doing that, you’re painting yourself in a corner and you’re gonna make sure your first amendment rights are gonna one day be out the door. And we really are going to live in a fascist country.”
Although the rapper caught major heat for not slamming his White friend, it’s good to know that Killer Mike would choose peace over problems. Do you agree with him?
Check out the full video here.
The 411 On Sanford Florida, The Police & Their Racist Past (LIST)
1. 1. Trayvon Martin was shot and killed in the town of Sanford, FL and the community is asking why. The police and the town's racist past has been an issue for years.1 of 5
2. 2. This isn't the first time the town of Sanford has had to deal with racism.2 of 5
3. 3. Former Sanford police Chief Brian Tooley had to resign after his Lieutenant's son, Justin Collison, 21, attacked a homeless black man.3 of 5
4. 4. In 2005, two white security guards killed Travares McGill, one of them the son of a Sanford Police officer.4 of 5
5. 5. Current police Chief Bill Lee said that he believed arresting Zimmerman would have been a violation of his civil rights. What about Trayvon's civil rights?5 of 5
Watch: Killer Mike Explains Why He’s Not Pissed At Bill Maher’s Controversial Comment was originally published on globalgrind.com