Source: Getty / Getty
Marijuana tax has become a hot button issue in the state of Michigan over the last year, and now the Michigan Senate has approved medical marijuana tax and regulations.
According to Local 4:
The Republican-controlled Senate voted 25-12 for a bill Thursday to require a state operating license to grow, process, sell, transport or test marijuana used for medical purposes.
Another bill clarifies that allowable marijuana includes non-smokable forms such as oils, food items and pills.
“Provisioning centers” that sell marijuana to patients or their caregivers would pay a 3 percent tax on their gross retail income.
The Senate voted nearly a year after the legislation won House approval. The House could take final votes as early as next week.
The Internet Reacts To Video Of Malia Obama Smoking Weed
9 photos Launch gallery
1. The internet lost it after a video surfaced of Malia Obama smoking a weed cigarette while at Lollapalooza.
1 of 9
2. Page Six took a page from the classic stoner film “Friday” for their headline.
2 of 9
3. Fans came to her defense by putting rat emojis in the comments of the girl who snitched on her and shopped the video around.
3 of 9
4. One fan truly sympathized with the first daughter.
4 of 9
5. Twitter did not come to play.
5 of 9
6. Sen. John McCain’s daughter even defended the teen.
6 of 9
7. The universe works in mysterious ways.
7 of 9
8. Fellow stoners wanted to know.
8 of 9
9. Many Malia supporters questioned some media outlets for sharing the story.
9 of 9