Labor Day weekend may have been filled with fun and good barbecue for many families. However, there were some families who only experienced violence this past holiday weekend.
Detroit Police Chief James Craig discussed the violence at a news conference and confirmed there were 32 shooting incidents in the city over the holiday weekend. Four of those were fatal.
Nevertheless, during his press conference Chief Craig went over the statistics and all of the numbers are down from last year except for homicide.
- Aggravated assaults are down four percent
- Non-fatal shootings are down 13 percent
- Robberies are down 15 percent
- Violent crime is down six percent
- Carjackings are down 34 percent
- Property crime was reduced by 4 percent