Bryan “Baby” Williams is well known as the CEO of Cash Money Records, a music label hosting Lil Wayne, Young Thugger and some other top charted rappers. Well it seems the Cash Money CEO has maneuvered his way into another lawsuit. This time it stems from using song samples without paying the original artist. The songs in question are Lloyd’s “You,” f/ Lil Wayne, and Glasses Malone’s “Certified,” f/ Akon. The song “You” samples “True” by Spandeau Ballet, a popular British rock group from the 1980s.
According to reports from TMZ.com Birdman may be forced to cash out the sampled artists in the amount of $3.3million. Not to mention he still has pending lawsuits from Lil Wayne.
Welp maybe some of that money he’s due to make from a rumored Apple deal with help foot the bill. Share your thoughts with me on Instagram and Twitter @skaii_boxx.
12 Artists You Forgot Were Signed To Cash Money Records (PHOTOS)
1. Boo & GottiSource:Wikipedia 1 of 12
2. TQSource:Instagram 2 of 12
3. Lil MoSource:Instagram 3 of 12
4. 2 PistolsSource:Instagram 4 of 12
5. Teena MarieSource:Getty 5 of 12
6. OmaronSource:Instagram 6 of 12
7. Paris HiltonSource:Instagram 7 of 12
8. MystikalSource:Getty 8 of 12
9. Limp BizkitSource:Instagram 9 of 12
10. Cory GunzSource:Instagram 10 of 12
11. Busta RhymesSource:Instagram 11 of 12
12. Bow WowSource:Instagram 12 of 12