Despite being one of the funniest rappers in the game, nobody’s laughing at Vince Staples right now. The Long Beach native became a topic of discussion when he revealed that he doesn’t like the ’90s era.
The ’90s were great, right? If you’re a normal human being who can actually remember the pivotal decade, you’d say yes, but if you’re a new rapper who was born in 1993, you may say no.
In an interview with TIME, Vince discussed his confusion regarding “The Golden Era.” “The ’90s get a lot of credit—I don’t really know why,” he states.
“Whatever you were watching or listening to when you were young is always going to be your favorite thing because it made you what you are today. That’s always going to be something that you appreciate the most, so that’s everyone’s favorite era,” he told TIME.
Well, at least he’s honest.
Let us know what you think about Vince’s comments below.
SOURCE: TIME | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty
1 of 28
1. Carmen Electra gained fame for her appearances in Playboy magazine and her role on the TV series "Baywatch."
2 of 28
2. The 42-year-old is still modeling and flaunting her banging body.
3 of 28
3. Britney Spears was definitely the Rihanna of the '00s. With a slew of hit singles, she was the face of pop music.
4 of 28
4. Today, Britney is still touring all over the world and has her own Vegas Residency show.
5 of 28
5. Renee Zellweger was box office gold in the '90s with films like "Jerry McGuire" and "Bridget Jones' Diary."
6 of 28
6. Today, a seemingly unrecognizable Zellweger works behind the scenes and has recently produced Lifetime TV Movies.
7 of 28
7. Julia Roberts was one of the highest paid stars in the world with iconic films such as "Pretty Woman" and "Erin Brockovich."
8 of 28
8. Julia is now being honored for her work as a humanitarian.
9 of 28
9. After the release of Brandy & Monica's 1998 hit single "The Boy Is Mine," both divas became the faces of '90s R&B music.
10 of 28
10. Today, both of the lovely ladies are working mothers. Monica married NBA star Shannon Brown, and Brandy is one of the stars of BET's "The Game."
11 of 28
11. Jennifer Lopez became a star after playing the lead role in the "Selena" biopic. And this dress put her on everyone's radar!
12 of 28
12. J.Lo is still dropping albums and slaying our lives at 45.
13 of 28
13. Jessica Biel was everyone's girl next door crush as Mary on "7th Heaven."
14 of 28
14. Biel's had a few roles over the past decade, but now she's loved for being Mrs. Justin Timberlake.
15 of 28
15. With the success of "Sex & The City," it's not too far off to deem Sarah Jessica Parker the lady of the '90s.
16 of 28
16. Two decades later, SJP is still a style Icon.
17 of 28
17. Before reaching sex symbol status, Scarlett Johansson was known for her roles in "Lost in Translation" and "Mindy & Lo."
18 of 28
18. ScarJo is still starring in blockbuster films like "The Avengers" and also recently became a new mom.
19 of 28
19. Tia & Tamera were definitely twinning in the '90s with their hit show "Sister, Sister."
20 of 28
20. Both twins still have active careers. Tamera is one of the hosts of "The Real," while Tia has her own show on Nick.
21 of 28
21. Mariah Carey was the voice of the '90s with more #1 singles than anyone at the time.
22 of 28
22. Now, Mariah is a married mom of two and still selling out shows.
23 of 28
23. When you think '90s, you think "Baywatch," and you think Pamela Anderson.
24 of 28
24. Today, the 46-year-old is still modeling and even has a novel out.
25 of 28
25. Jenny McCarthy began her career in 1993 as a nude model for "Playboy" magazine and was later named their Playmate of the Year. She then began an acting career.
26 of 28
26. Today "The View" co-host is newly married and happy.
27 of 28
27. Starring in films like "I Know What You Did Last Summer" bought Jennifer Love Hewitt worldwide fame.
28 of 28