Fans of The Walking Dead know just how crazy the story lines can get, but never were they meant to spill over into real life.
Unfortunately, that’s just what happened when a New Mexico man killed his friend after binge-watching the show. An inebriated Damon Perry was Netflix and chilling when he began to believe that his friend, Christopher Paquin, had turned into a zombie. In order to stop a zombie attack, Perry allegedly used knives, a microwave oven, an electric guitar, and his own hands to beat his friend to death.
“It was one of the absolute worst (crime scenes) I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been with the department for 15 years,” police department spokesman Moses Marquez told the Daily Beast.
KOB reports that police arrived at the Grants, NM apartment complex after residents called 911 to report a man running around the building and threatening people with a knife. During Perry’s rampage to eradicate the world of zombies, two maintenance workers were able to prevent further attacks by restraining him until police arrived.
Damon has since been charged with murder, and with his bond set at $800,000, police say he now finally seems remorseful.
1 of 18
1. Rick Grimes plays a small-town sheriff who wakes from a coma to an undead apocalypse.
2 of 18
2. Andrew Lincoln recently earned a nomination for Best Actor in a Drama Series at the 2013 Critics' Choice Television Awards for his role as Rick Grimes.
3 of 18
3. Daryl Dixon is an adept survivalist and Merle Dixon’s little brother.
4 of 18
4. Norman Reedus is also an accomplished photographer, as well as a burgeoning director, having directed three short films.
5 of 18
5. Sasha is Tyreese's scrappy no-nonsense younger sister, she might be the only person able to help Tyreese understand what the others have endured. Her practical approach to survival is challenged by the nature of their new threats and by the relationships that are developing.
6 of 18
6. Sonequa Martin-Green is known for her roles in "Once Upon a Time," "The Good Wife," "NYC 22" and "Army Wives." Her television credits also include "Gossip Girl" and "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."
7 of 18
7. Tyreese is Sasha's brother. He feels lucky to be alive. Will he be able to balance the loss the group has endured with his new relationship with Woodbury survivor Karen?
8 of 18
8. An accomplished television, film and stage actor, Chad L. Coleman received critical acclaim for his work on HBO's Peabody Award-winning drama series "The Wire."
9 of 18
9. Michonne is a quiet but fierce warrior who saves Andrea from walkers with her katana blade after the battle at Hershel's farm.
10 of 18
10. As Michonne, Danai Gurira spends the winter with Andrea, fending for themselves as a close-knit team.
11 of 18
11. Beth Greene is Hershel's daughter and Maggie's sister. She was living with her dad, sister and boyfriend Jimmy at Hershel's farm when Rick's group arrived.
12 of 18
12. Emily Kinney plays Beth Greene on screen but off screen, she is a singer/songwriter, recently releasing a five song EP.
13 of 18
13. Carol Peletier, her husband Ed and their daughter Sophia meet Shane, Lori and Carl on the road to Atlanta. Taking pity on them, Carol offers to share her husband's rations until he chastises her for compromising their "operational security."
14 of 18
14. Carol Peletier is played by Melissa McBride, who has worked behind the camera as a commercial casting director.
15 of 18
15. Maggie Greene lived with her father Hershel and her sister Beth in a secluded farmhouse. When Rick shows up on their porch one day with a gravely-injured Carl, Maggie is tasked with finding Lori to relate what's happened.
16 of 18
16. Maggie Greene is played by the U.K. raised Lauren Cohan, who studied Drama and English Literature in college.
17 of 18
17. At the outset of the apocalypse, Carl flees his small town with his mom, Lori, and his dad's best friend Shane, who soon becomes a surrogate father to the boy.
18 of 18