A letter written by 2Pac when he was in jail is being auctioned off. The letter is currently being auctioned for $225,000 through a site called Moments in Time. The letter was penned in 1995 by ‘Pac himself while serving time in prison for a sexual assault charge.
The correspondence was between 2Pac and Death Row employee and Death Row Uncut magazine editor Nina Bhadreshwar. “He enclosed a five-page essay on his view of the rite of passage of a young black male in America. And that was the beginning of our real correspondence,” said Bhadreshwar in a statement. In the message, the late rapper discusses his desire to leave the “Thug Life” lifestyle behind and move on to greater things as a “boss playa.” … click here for more details!
1. While at a hotel with his ex-wife, Keisha Morris, the room they were in caught fire. Reportedly, “Tupac was disappointed in her and told her he couldn’t trust her because she didn’t stay with him to fight the fire.”
1 of 19
2. His mom originally named him Lesane Parish Crooks.
2 of 19
3. Tupac’s mom, Afeni Shakur, was a Black Panther, in jail on bombing charges at the time of her pregnancy with the rapper.
3 of 19
4. Tupac was homeless when he first moved to California, living in different shelters for approximately two years.
4 of 19
5. Tupac was a really big fan of actor Jim Carrey.
5 of 19
6. Though Tupac is known for representing the West Coast, he was actually born on the East side of Harlem.
6 of 19
7. Tupac once cried after talking to Maya Angelou on the set of “Poetic Justice.”
7 of 19
8. When marrying Keisha Morris, the priest got to the part where he states “with all your worldly possessions…” Tupac interrupted, letting the priest know: “Well, Keisha can’t have my pool table or my big screen TV.”
8 of 19
9. During an altercation in 1993, Tupac shot two policemen – one in the leg and the other in the butt. Charges against the rapper were later dropped.
9 of 19
10. Tupac and Fredo Starr met at the premiere of “Sunset Park.”
10 of 19
11. Mike Dyson says that during Tupac’s final hours on Earth, “Vincent” by Don Maclean was played repetitively.
11 of 19
12. He and Jada Pinkett Smith once kissed to see if they had any chemistry – but according to Jada, “It had to be the most disgusting kiss for us both.”
12 of 19
13. Tupac spent 15 days in prison after punching “Menace II Society” director Allen Hughes in the face. He was later replaced by Lorenz Tate. Witnesses say it was more like Hughes was fighting 30 people, referring to Tupac’s entourage who was allegedly jumping him.
13 of 19
14. Pac was required to take an HIV test before doing love scenes with Janet Jackson in “Poetic Justice.”
14 of 19
15. When he died, he was engaged to actress Kidada Jones.
15 of 19
16. After he finished writing his legendary track “Dear Mama,” it is said that he called Jada Pinkett and told her, “I wrote this song about our mothers and I want you to hear it.”
16 of 19
17. Tupac got his last name from his stepfather, Mutulu Shakur.
17 of 19
18. While attending the Baltimore School for the Arts, he studied drama, took ballet classes, and rapped under the alias MC New York.
18 of 19
19. Tupac reportedly had sex with almost all of the women in his x-rated music video “How Do U Want It,” then passed out from exhaustion.
19 of 19
Continue reading Tupac Shakur’s Handwritten Letter Is Going Up For Sale For $225K
21 Facts You Might Not Have Known About Tupac Shakur