Before he dropped his third album, Nothing Was the Same in 2013, Drake told Billboard in an interview that he and 40 had been tailoring their songs to appeal to wide swaths of people. His previous record, Take Care, had spawned with one of its bonus tracks a worldwide phenomenon in the form of “You only live once,” or “YOLO.”
Two years later, it seems as if Drake’s music is primed to turn into memes even down to its smallest component parts. A group of enterprising people have taken it upon themselves to turn “Jumpman,” a song from Drizz and Future’s What a Time To Be Alive, into a video game in the vein of the iPhone favorite Doodle Jump … click here for more details!
1. His full government name is Nayvadius DeMun Wilburn.
1 of 7
2. His stage name was born when members of the hip-hop musical collective, The Dungeon Family, called him “The Future.”
2 of 7
3. Before he was Future, he was known as Meathead of Da Connect.
3 of 7
4. He was shot in the right hand at the age of 14 or 15.
4 of 7
5. Future wrote the hook for Ludacris’ “Blueberry Yum Yum.”
5 of 7
6. Future is a fan of Shakespeare. He’s said, “”When I went to school, I would read Shakespeare and just fell in love with how he mixed his words. I started playing around and writing poems, reading poems.”
6 of 7
7. As a kid, he learned the lyrics to all of Too $hort’s songs.
7 of 7
Continue reading Play as Drake or Future in ‘Jumpman’ Video Game
19 Interesting Facts You Might Not Have Known About Future