Rita Ora is one of Roc Nation/Columbia Records‘ biggest artists, and she really impressed with her performance at The Frequency | Radio One‘s annual Urban artist showcase and music industry gathering The Blitz. But we also really appreciated her explanation as to why the accents of British artists disappear when they sing.
WKYS/Washington, DC‘s midday personality EZ Street interviewed Rita as she professed her love for soul music and talked about the legendary group that influenced the sound of her new single “Body On Me” featuring Chris Brown. Plus, she discusses her next film and strategy for making a big impact in the United States.
Watch the interview in the player above, and see bits of her unplugged performance for hundreds of executives at the 5th anniversary of The Blitz, which was also was the launch party for One X, Radio One’s new custom content studio for brands and their curators.
RELATED: Rita Ora & Chris Brown “Body On Me” [NEW MUSIC]
RELATED: PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Rita Ora, Harry Styles, Common, & More
RELATED: A$AP Rocky On Dissing Rita Ora: “That Was Tasteless Of Me”
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Rita Ora, Jhene Aiko, Jamie Foxx, & More
11 photos Launch gallery
1. Rita Ora strutted through Los Angeles International Airport looking like a model.
1 of 11
2. Jhene Aiko flashed the peace sign with clothing brand Lovers & Friends at The REVOLVE Grove Pop-Up Store.
2 of 11
3. Jamie Foxx posed with the kids during the "Annie" Miami Walk Of Fame Ceremony at Bayside Marketplace.
3 of 11
4. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge braved the rain to visit the National September 11 Memorial Museum in New York.
4 of 11
5. Gorgeous model Jourdan Dunn posed during a photoshoot for Express in Miami.
5 of 11
6. Lindsay Lohan gave kissy face while leaving the Sunday Times Style Xmas Party at Tramp Nightclub.
6 of 11
7. Jennifer Hudson was all smiles at the BBC Radio 1 studios.
7 of 11
8. Hot model Tyson Beckford was spotted leaving the NBC studios in NYC.
8 of 11
9. Eva Longoria looked flawless as she addressed the crowd at nominations for the 21st Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
9 of 11
10. Cameron Diaz flashed her gorgeous smile at the "Annie" Miami Walk Of Fame Ceremony at Bayside Marketplace.
10 of 11
11. James Franco made an appearance at the Apple Store in SoHo, NYC for Meet the Filmmakers: "The Color of Time."
11 of 11
PHOTOS OF THE DAY: Rita Ora, Michael B. Jordan, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, & More
13 photos Launch gallery
1. Chris Brown & Usher had the time of their lives at Jermaine Dupri's birthday bash in Las Vegas!
1 of 13
2. Oh hey girl! Honey Boo Boo was spotted rocking her million dollar smile in Georgia.
2 of 13
3. Rita Ora sports her signature red lip and sexy leather pants as she makes her way through Narita Airport.
3 of 13
4. Michael B. Jordan and Nicole Fogel take advantage of a photo op during a charity event.
4 of 13
5. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley sports a low-cut white gown at the launch of Coca-Cola Life.
5 of 13
6. Nick Cannon hits the red carpet at the Stars Get Lucky For Lupus event in a fitted gray suit with black details.
6 of 13
7. Tony Parker shows off his 2013 Sport Academy Award in Paris.
7 of 13
8. Actor Danny Devito takes a stroll in New York City.
8 of 13
9. Tia Mowery shows off her casual denim look at the 2014 People Style Watch 4th Annual Denim Awards.
9 of 13
10. Chrissy Teigen sports a fitted white dress at the launch of her campaign with XOXO.
10 of 13
11. Verne Troyer gambles for a good cause at the Stars Get Lucky For Lupus event.
11 of 13
12. Demi Moore keeps it casual in army green while running errands.
12 of 13
13. Jon Stewart waves to the paparazzi as he makes his way around New York City.
13 of 13