Sophia Eggleston, a Detroit woman claiming to be “the real Cookie Lyon” filed a $300 million lawsuit against Lee Daniels & FOX for stealing her story.
How did they hear of her story you may ask? Eggleston told the story in her memoir titled “The Hidden Hand.” In 2011, PageSix reports she traveled to LA to pitch her story to screenwriter Rita Miller. She gave Miller a copy of her book. Eggleston stated Miller called her months later to inform her she was going to pitch Sophia’s story to Lee Daniels.
Sophia Eggleston filed her copyright suit at the US District Court in Michigan.
Somebody come get your auntie!
‘Get My Shoe Porsha': Cookie’s Best Moments On ‘Empire’
1. Cookie’s Best Moments On “Empire”Source: 1 of 15
2. When She Called Out Kitty For Spying On HerSource: 2 of 15
3. When She Wore This Fly EnsembleSource: 3 of 15
4. When She Was A Young Tenderoni In This FlashbackSource: 4 of 15
5. When She Fooled Lucious Into Thinking She Was Meeting With Her Parole OfficerSource: 5 of 15
6. When She Wore This Hat To Bunkie’s FuneralSource: 6 of 15
7. When Lucious Said He Loves HerSource: 7 of 15
8. When She Bumped Lucious Then Kicked His CarSource: 8 of 15
9. When She Tried To Fight Kitty In The ElevatorSource: 9 of 15
10. When She Called Kidd 44 A “B*tch”Source: 10 of 15
11. When She Threw Her Shoe At LuciousSource: 11 of 15
12. When She Wore this OutfitSource: 12 of 15
13. When She Happened To Be On The Steps Of The Courthouse To Give A CommentSource: 13 of 15
14. When She Wore This Fierce GownSource: 14 of 15
15. When She Kicked Porsha OutSource: 15 of 15