The mogul sent off a few disparaging tweets about the riots that followed Freddie Gray’s funeral ceremony Monday afternoon. As the city reached a State of National Emergency, many religious leaders, politicians, and others marched the streets peacefully. Meanwhile, Trump slammed Obama for not speaking out about the crisis.
He also pointed out the president’s race in an effort to critique his influence on the looters who ransacked a CVS Pharmacy and burned buildings near Mondawmin Mall.
Trump even made time to slam Baltimore’s mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, who announced a curfew for the city at 10 p.m. ET this week.
Trump faced scrutiny for his comments, while other celebrities sent positive messages of peace on social media.
SOURCE: USA Today | VIDEO CREDIT: News Inc.
Baltimore Reacts To The Freddie Gray Case [PHOTOS]
1. Fire eruptsSource:Getty 1 of 19
2. After being pepper sprayedSource:Getty 2 of 19
3. Injured manSource:Getty 3 of 19
4. Smoke conditionSource:Getty 4 of 19
5. Mondawmin Mall clashSource:Getty 5 of 19
6. Mowdamin MallSource:Getty 6 of 19
7. Lining up to mourn Freddie GraySource:Getty 7 of 19
8. GrievingSource:Getty 8 of 19
9. New Shiloh Baptist ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 19
10. Honk for JusticeSource:Getty 10 of 19
11. Police in riot gear confront protestersSource:Getty 11 of 19
12. Police in motionSource:Getty 12 of 19
13. ConfrontedSource:Getty 13 of 19
14. Facing downSource:Getty 14 of 19
15. On the groundSource:Getty 15 of 19
16. Atop a carSource:Getty 16 of 19
17. Remembering Freddie GraySource:Getty 17 of 19
18. Black Lives MatterSource:Robin Akinwale, WERQ 18 of 19
19. Marching to police stationSource:Getty 19 of 19
Donald Trump Blames President Obama For Baltimore Riots In Disparaging Tweets was originally published on newsone.com