EVENT TRAFFIC AND PARKING FOR GARTH BROOKS CONCERTS
AT JOE LOUIS ARENA, FEB. 20-21 & 27-28
Patrons Urged to Prepare for Increased Traffic Congestion on Roads and in Parking Facilities
(DETROIT – February 19, 2015) Garth Brooks returns to Detroit for the first time in more than 18 years with six total performances at Joe Louis Arena, February 20- 21 and 27-28. With two shows back-to-back on both Saturday dates and a number of concurrent events in the city, Olympia Entertainment is advising guests to plan ahead and be prepared for high traffic volumes.
For the convenience of early arriving patrons attending the Saturday 10:30 p.m. shows, Olympia Entertainment has established a warming center at Cobo Center’s Hall E/Michigan Hall starting at 7 p.m. Admission is free, official tour merchandise will be available for sale and guests will be pre-screened for concert admission. To enter, guests are advised to use Cobo Center’s main entrance, located on Washington Blvd., and follow directional signage to the main escalator down to Hall E/Michigan Hall.
In an effort to help plan your visit, fans are encouraged to review the below event information and visitwww.OlympiaEntertainment.com/garth for complete show details.
GARTH BROOKS CONCERT INFORMATION:
· Garth Brooks The World Tour with Trisha Yearwood
· On the 7 p.m. Saturday shows, Garth will take the stage at 7 p.m.
· Six total shows:
o Friday, February 20 7 p.m.
o Saturday, February 21 7 p.m. & 10:30 p.m.
o Friday, February 27 7 p.m.
o Saturday, February 28 7 p.m. & 10:30 p.m.
· Door times:
o 7 p.m. shows: Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. sharp
o 10:30 p.m. shows: Doors are expected to open at 10 p.m. Due to the unique nature of hosting back-to-back events, there may be some delay in opening doors for this performance.
· Olympia Development Parking operates two parking locations at Joe Louis Arena and several lots surrounding Comerica Park and the Fox Theatre. For a map of Olympia Development lots, visit OlympiaEntertainment.com/Plan-Your-Visit/Directions-Parking. Olympia Development lots accept cash only and do not accept bills larger than $50.
· Hockeytown Cafe will have convenient parking and free shuttle service to Joe Louis Arena before and after the shows.
· The City of Detroit Municipal Parking Department has a number of public parking options. Please contact the various locations to ensure they will be operating. For more information and to view lots, visit DetroitMI.gov/How-Do-I/Find/Parking-Facilities.
· The Detroit People Mover stops at Joe Louis Arena. Cost is 75 cents each ride. The People Mover operates until 2 a.m., however on Feb. 21 and Feb. 28, it will operate until 3 a.m. For full routing and station information, visitThePeopleMover.com.
· Shuttles, buses, limos and cabs will be directed to drop off on Jefferson, east of Sixth Street, and on Washington Blvd. at Cobo Center’s main entrance.
M-1 RAIL CONSTRUCTION:
· Due to construction for the M-1 Rail project, Woodward is reduced to one lane both North and South between Adams Ave. to East Grand Blvd. For more information and construction updates, visit m-1rail.com.
To view a larger parking map, click here.