CLOSE
0 reads
Leave a comment

Bra-holster-jpg

Police: Michigan woman fatally shot self while adjusting bra holster

Police say a 55-year-old southwestern Michigan woman who died after accidentally shooting herself in the head in January was adjusting a handgun in her bra holster at the time.

The St. Joseph Public Safety Department is awaiting a full autopsy report in the death of Christina Bond, but Director Mark Clapp on Wednesday released details about the circumstances surrounding the Jan. 1 shooting to the Kalamazoo Gazette.

Clapp says Bond was “having trouble adjusting her bra holster, couldn’t get it to fit the way she wanted it to. She was looking down at it and accidentally discharged the weapon.”

Bond was taken to a hospital, where she died.

3 women stabbed in Pontiac following ongoing Facebook feud

A 17-year-old has been arrested in connection with the stabbing of three sisters in Pontiac.

Oakland County deputies were called to a home Tuesday around 1:30 a.m. in the 600 block of Neman Lane, which is near the intersection of University Drive and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.

Police say a fight broke out in front of the home, which is said to have been caused by an ongoing feud on Facebook.

An 18-year-old sister was stabbed in the back as she tried to break up the fight, and two older sisters were also stabbed in the process in the thigh and neck areas.

After the fight ended, the suspects drove off. Police were searching for the suspects and say they arrested Jessica Davis late Tuesday night.

The Oakland County sheriff’s department has charged Davis with assault with intent to murder; two counts of assault with intent to do great bodily harm less than murder; and assault with a dangerous weapon.

She is due in court again March 3.

Authorities say the 18-year-old sister who was stabbed in the back is in the hospital in good condition, and the other two sisters are recovering at home.

The topic of the Facebook feud was not mentioned.

Barricaded gunman surrenders after 12 hour standoff in Detroit

The barricaded gunman has surrendered to Detroit police and is in custody ending a 12-hour standoff.

According to FOX 2’s Taryn Asher, the resident is a 54-year-old man, who is facing multiple charges, including felonious assault for firing at police officers.

Earlier on Wednesday police and members of SWAT remain in a Northwest Detroit neighborhood several hours after the man became hostile with his family and then barricaded himself inside.

Officers were called to the home in the 15 thousand block of Sorrento Avenue just after 5:30 a.m. Wednesday. Family members were able to escape safely from the home, and told officers a 54-year-old man is still inside with weapons.

The man was refusing to surrender and the family said he has a mental condition.

“He’s in some troubles with state of mind,” Commander Elvin Barrensaid. “(We’re) trying to get him admitted to hospital to deal with bizarre behavior at which time he got upset and caused situation to occur.”

Police spent several hours trying to negotiate with the man and lure him outside using a loud speaker. Detroit Police Chief James Craig even stopped by to help in those negotiations along with help from family members.

“The negotiations range from introducing the voice of (his) daughter, granddaughter. I had chance to plea with subject to come out.” Craig said.

As time continues to pass, the man has only gotten more aggressive and one point he even fired a shot one of the teams. Detroit police responded by using chemicals and even having DTE cut power to the home.

Detroit Police remain on scene with assistance from Michigan State Police and Wayne County Sheriff.

Written by LBeasley (Lauren Beasley), Digital Producer of The Morning Heat and Sports Editor of Radio One Detroit

Keep up with the Morning Heat on Instagram and Twitter at @hiphopdetroit

The Morning Heat [PHOTOS]
10 photos

comments – add yours
×