Henry Ford College Career Expo, Friday Oct. 10th
The Henry Ford College (HFC) Office of Career Services (OCS) will host the third annual Career Expo on Friday, Oct. 10, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This event takes place in the Student Activities Building on the main campus.
HFC is inviting employers to attend. To ensure placement, employers need to register by 5 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 3, at the following link: (https://hfcc-csm.symplicity.com/employers/). Registrations are processed on a first-come/first-served basis. Space is limited and is expected to fill quickly.
According to Chad Austin, HFC Career Services officer, the goal is to encourage a large number of employers to attend the Career Expo, which is free and open to the public in addition to HFC students. To date, more than 40 employers have confirmed their attendance at the Career Expo, including Beaumont Health Systems, Busch’s Fresh Food Markets, Charter One Bank, the Dearborn Police Dept., the Detroit Police Dept., First Place Service Group, Harvard Resource Solutions, Kelly Services, Olympia Entertainment, Rainbow Rehabilitation Services and Reliance One.
The employers sponsoring this event include Verizon Wireless, Marathon Petroleum Company, Industrial Careers Pathway, GTA Professional Staffing and Firestone Complete Auto Care.
“HFC programs and students are sought after by employers in a wide variety of areas. Employers know that if you graduate from a program here that you can jump right in and get to work for them,” said Austin.
Austin listed the number advantages the Career Expo gives employers. These include:
* Sheer numbers: Employers can easily connect with a large number of potential employees;
* Program access: Every program of study at HFC will be made aware of the Career Expo and all students will be encouraged to attend by faculty;
* Diverse talents: HFC has more than 12,000 students and more than 100 programs of study;
* Open to all: The Career Expo will be open to the public—feel free to direct interested area candidates to meet you there;
* Promotional opportunities: Get your company message out to the Dearborn and Detroit communities; and
* Publicity: This event will be well publicized through traditional and social media platforms.
“This event will provide employers the chance to get their message and employment opportunities out to the Dearborn, Detroit and entire southeast Michigan communities in a fun and exciting venue,” said Austin.
Those who are actively seeking a job should finalize their résumé before the Career Expo and bring numerous copies with them. The Career Services Office can help potential employees polish their résumé as well. Professional dress is required. Those who come dressed in jeans, T-shirts, and any other non-professional attire will NOT be admitted.
For questions or further information, contact the OCS at 313.845.9618 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.