Lead & Assistant Teacher
Colston Caring Hands Child Care Center has an opening for a Lead & Assistant Teacher. The Assistant Teacher is responsible for assisting in the provision of a safe, nurturing learning environment for children and their parents. They are required to assist with planning and assessment of the individual needs of children. They assist in the planning of activities that reinforce the program philosophy and promote developmentally appropriate activities. The Assistant Teacher works with the teacher and volunteers in the classroom to build a team approach to educating children.
Must complete food handlers, First Aid and CPR classes; pass requirements for licensing including criminal clearance, FIA clearance
Duties: (includes but is not limited to)
· Support and help the teacher throughout the daily routine & field trips
· Run errands and transport children as needed
· Assist with the children by preparing meals and supporting the teacher throughout the daily routine
· Collaborate with the teacher for daily team planning meetings
· Conduct circle time, large group, meal time & outdoor support for the children
· Assist with creating lesson plans, Individual learning plans as well as menus
· Monitoring attendance, meal attendance and children’s files
· Assist Teacher on Home Visits, Parent Teacher Conferences & Fundraising Events
· Help create and prepare activities for all ages of children
· Develops and presents lesson plans by using a variety of techniques, including hands on experiences, field trips, audiovisual and library resources, computers, and the internet.
· Maintains order in the class while assisting with the children by managing behavioral problems, problem solving and conflict resolution
· Maintains safe, secure, and healthy educational environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
· Keep parents informed by assisting with creating newsletters, flyers, planning outing, field trips, fundraisers and social acclimation
· Participate in educational opportunities that will support my growth at the company ; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
High school graduate or G.E.D.
•Provide documentation of experience (volunteer or employed) working with preschool children in a group situation.
•Classes of up to three (3) college credit hours per year.
•Also, participate in on-going program training activities.
Documented experience working with parents and children in a classroom setting. Experience in a preschool/E.C.E. classroom is preferred
RELATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
•Good oral and written communication skills.
•Able to read, write, and communicate in standard English.
•Ability to write clear and accurate reports.
•Good organizational and time management skills.
•Able to maintain confidentiality of all discussions and records.
•Must be resourceful, patient, and sensitive to the needs of staff, children and family.
•Must be culturally sensitive to work in a diverse community.
•Must be physically and mentally capable of performing the duties of the classification.
Interested Candidates should submit a completed resume and cover letter to:
email@example.com or call 313-354-4918