Titus Young was once a top receiver at Boise State who showed potential during his two seasons with the Detroit Lions. However, as his behavioral issues on and off the field became more of increasing problem, he was ultimately released by the Lions in February 2013.
However, it seems being released from the Lions, hasn’t stopped the young man from getting into trouble with the law.
According to the reports, Young was arrested last week on another felony charge, this time battery with serious bodily injury and is in custody in the Twin Towers Correctional Facility in Los Angeles, with bail set at $105,000.
CBSSports.com reported that the arrest came on July 9th, a day before Young was scheduled to appear at a pretrial hearing in Newport Beach, Calif., where he is facing four felonies and seven other criminal charges.
For those who don’t remember, this is not the first time that Young has been in trouble with the law. Back in May of 2013, Young, was arrested four times and it was during that time that his father, Richard, indicated that Young suffered from a brain disorder and needed medical help.
Since then, two different attorneys have reportedly sought a series of delays in the legal process while Young received medical treatment. Now, according to the Detroit Free Press, his lawyers and family members have declined to say what treatment he was receiving but just like in the past, Young’s father, Richard, has said that Young has a mental disorder that requires treatment.
However, CBSSports.com reminds us, that the NFL said that it tried to provide Young with that help when he was a member of the Lions but that the wide receiver declined it.
“It was someone very, very close to him who was just concerned — really concerned,” Troy Vincent, then the NFL’s director of player development, told Yahoo.com at the time. “Once we got the call, we sent someone out to meet with him … We were told he was not interested in support. We went to people very close to his center of influence, to reach out to see how we can support him. The response was of someone who is not open arms to being supported.” – CBSSports.com
According to the Detroit Free Press, Young’s most recent lawyer, Brian Hurwitz, who had tried to negotiate a resolution to the case with Orange County (Calif.) prosecutors, is no longer representing Young but Hurwitz declined to elaborate.
Written by LBeasley (Lauren Beasley), Sports Contributor for Radio One Detroit
For more of L-Beasley’s (Lauren Beasley) sports news and in-depth sports content, click here.
NFL Logos X NBA Logos
1. San Fancisco 49ers X Golden State Warriors1 of 15
2. New York Giants X New York Knicks2 of 15
3. Miami Dolphins X Miami Heat3 of 15
4. New York Jets X Brooklyn Nets4 of 15
5. Buffalo Bills X Toronto Raptors5 of 15
6. St. Louis Rams X Oklahoma City Thunder6 of 15
7. Chicago Bears X Chicago Bulls7 of 15
8. Minnesota Vikings X Minnesota Timberwolves8 of 15
9. New England Patriots X Boston Celtics9 of 15
10. Philadelphia Eagles X Philadelphia 76ers10 of 15
11. Washington Redskins X Washington Wizards11 of 15
12. Detroit Lions X Detroit Pistons12 of 15
13. Green Bay Packers X Milwaukee Bucks13 of 15
14. Seattle Seahawks X Seattle Super Sonics14 of 15
15. Dallas Cowboys X Dallas Mavericks15 of 15
Former Detroit Lions WR Titus Young faces another felony charge was originally published on wchbnewsdetroit.com