We are seeking an experienced Warehouse Supervisor to support our Curbell Plastics, Inc. Detroit Branch team.
- The primary function of the Warehouse Supervisor is to oversee the activities of the warehouse to ensure timely processing of customer orders to meet business objectives.
- Delegates daily work assignments to employees by monitoring department workload. As a working supervisor, using SAP, fills orders by operating warehouse equipment and machinery, including fork lift), computes and optimizes yields and cuts material to size.
- Identify, recruit and retain top performing employees; manage non-performing employees in accordance with company policy. Manage with the intent to motivate, train and develop. Provide timely, constructive feedback regarding progress of work and performance, Make well informed decisions, demonstrate initiative, use sound judgment, exhibit autonomy, and execute.
- Provides a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers. Inspect incoming and outgoing material for quality. Ensures the warehouse is kept in a neat and orderly manner, complying with all Company safety policies and procedures. Oversees the timely shipping and receiving of goods and materials to meet customer needs. Works to resolve customer issues.
- Utilizing SAP, maintains accurate inventory levels by organizing the material in the warehouse and conducting regular inventory counts.
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to multi-task in an intense, fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Basic reading, writing, arithmetic and PC skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Proficient in SAP, or similar system.
- Forklift certification.
- Cutting experience preferred.
- May be required to travel on occasion.
- One to three years of warehouse/distribution supervisory experience.
- Previous cutting or carpentry experience preferred.
- Communication Skills
- Managing Performance Issues
- Coaching/Developing People and Teams
- Relationships Influence & Problem Resolution
- Detail Orientation
APPLY AT: http://www.curbell.com/careers/