“The Queen Latifah Show” is out with the old and in with the new.
According to the New York Post, the award-winning talk show let go of staffers last week in efforts to cut costs. An insider said the daily program was “hugely over budget” last season and needed a trim.
“While some put the number of layoffs as high as 20, an insider insisted there were only five,” Page Six reported.
A Latifah rep added, “As with any show . . . we have experienced turnover in a small number of positions in response to the creative evolution of the show, most of which have since been filled.”
“The Queen Latifah Show,” which was recently renewed for a second season, won the award for Best New Talk Show at the 2014 People’s Awards.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
Beauties, hit me on Twitter with your thoughts! @MyeishaEssex
Check Out This Gallery
7 Curvy-Girl Style Tips From Queen Latifah
1. Queen Latifah at the "Steel Magnolias" New York PremiereSource: 1 of 7
2. Queen Latifah at the 85th Annual Academy AwardsSource: 2 of 7
3. Queen Latifah at the 85th Annual Academy Awards - ArrivalsSource: 3 of 7
4. Queen Latifah at VIBE's 20th Anniversary Celebration And Inaugural Impact AwardsSource: 4 of 7
5. Queen Latifah at the "Joyful Noise" Los Angeles PremiereSource: 5 of 7
6. Queen Latifah Visits "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon"Source: 6 of 7
7. Queen Latifah at the 8th Annual Keep A Child Alive Black BallSource: 7 of 7
‘The Queen Latifah Show’ Lays Off Staff, Cites Budget Concerns was originally published on hellobeautiful.com