Kerry Washington stole the red carpet with her adorable baby bump, but unfortunately for the talented actress, she left the 2014 Golden Globes empty-handed.
The “Scandal” star, who rocked a form-fitting Balenciaga gown and stunning mother-to-be glow, lost her nomination for Best Actress in a TV Drama to “House of Cards” leading lady Robin Wright.
MUST READ: 2014 Golden Globes: The Best & Worst Dressed
Lupita Nyong’o, who was named this awards show season’s style star, wore a red silk Ralph Lauren cape dress — too bad she wasn’t able to show off the look onstage when the award for Best Supporting Actress was presented. The 12 Years a Slave breakout star lost her nomination to Jennifer Lawrence of American Hustle.
Idris Elba, who won his first Golden Globe in 2012, also left without a win. He was nominated for Best Actor in a Motion Picture Drama for his role as Nelson Mandela and for Best Actor in a Mini-Series or TV Movie for “Luther.”
On a brighter note, Steve McQueen’s 12 Years a Slave, which lead the race with seven nods, walked away with the biggest award of the night, Best Drama!
Other big winners included Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom for Best Original Song, “Breaking Bad” for Best Television Series and Leonardo DiCaprio for Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy for his work in The Wolf of Wall Street.
Congrats to all the winners!
Check Out This Gallery
10 Style Tips From Kerry Washington
1. 10 Style Tips From Kerry WashingtonSource: 1 of 11
2. (1.) Learn How To Channel Your Inner Olivia PopeSource: 2 of 11
3. (2.) Add A LOT Of Color To Your ClosetSource: 3 of 11
4. (3.) Make A Statement With Your AccessoriesSource: 4 of 11
5. (4.) Have Your Freakum Dress ReadySource: 5 of 11
6. (5.) Show A Little SkinSource: 6 of 11
7. (6.) And A Little LegSource: 7 of 11
8. (7.) And Perhaps Some Cleavage TooSource: 8 of 11
9. (8.) Get Retro!Source: 9 of 11
10. (9.) Show Your Animalistic SideSource: 10 of 11
11. (10.) The Little Black Dress Is Your Best FriendSource: 11 of 11
’12 Years A Slave’ Wins Big While Kerry Washington & Idris Elba Snubbed At 2014 Golden Globes was originally published on hellobeautiful.com