Style is so much more than just wearing the latest designer threads. It’s all about being a trendsetter and creating your own style journey. Check out style blogger, Jessica Andrews from The Glamazons Blog and find out how she’s reworking the classic black skirt!
If your style was a fashion magazine, which one would you be an why?
The now-defunct Suede Magazine. Vibrant, creative, inspired, unconventional and bursting with energy.
3 tips for wearing a plain black skirt?
A plain black skirt is like a blank slate. There are so many ways to wear it! Style it with a white top and a bright heel for a black/white contrast, energized with a pop of color. Layer it under a trench coat and a blouse for a day at the office. For a night on the town, choose a color-rich sheer top and pile on neon accessories. Have fun with it!
What was your inspiration for these five looks?
For these five looks, I was inspired by New York street style. My trench coat ensemble is pure Upper East Side sophistication with neutral colors and a streamlined silhouette. My sweatshirt outfit is reminiscent of my old neighborhood in Brooklyn. My Notorious B.I.G. sweatshirt, army fatigue jacket and wedge sneakers are casual and effortless with a gritty street edge. My colorful blouse, tribal crop top and graffiti shirt looks are all very downtown NYC — trendy, loud, bright and traffic-stopping. Every neighborhood in NYC, from the Meat Packing District to Harlem, inspires me and represents a part of my personality so I love incorporating that into my looks.
Check out five ways to wear a plain black skirt:
5 Ways To Wear: A Plain Black Skirt
1. Accent your black & white with a pop of colorSource: 1 of 10
2. Accent your black & white with a pop of color1Source: 2 of 10
3. Neon trends are hot this year, mute the look a bit with a black skirt.Source: 3 of 10
4. Neon trends are hot this year, mute the look a bit with a black skirt.1Source: 4 of 10
5. A perfect date night look, that he'll love you for!Source: 5 of 10
6. A perfect date night look, that he'll love you for!1Source: 6 of 10
7. Rock a loud print with a basic black skirt!Source: 7 of 10
8. Rock a loud print with a basic black skirt!1Source: 8 of 10
9. Go gangsta (ish)!Source: 9 of 10
10. Go gangsta (ish)!1Source: 10 of 10
Like HelloBeautiful on Facebook To Keep Up With The Latest Style And Beauty Trends