I think it was Amanda Bynes’ Barbie doll-inspired wig, falling forwards, covering her bewildered face that made me wonder, “Is she really that crazy or is this all for show?” If it’s just for spectacle, are we as the viewing public supposed to be entertained? While I do giggle a bit at these crazy antics celebrities tend to go through on a daily basis, I’m not convinced that it’s all the way real.
With reality shows following scripts and Hollywood getting weirder by the moment, it’s hard to know what’s authentic and what’s just for entertainment purposes. We know entertainment equals capital. Weird artists or artists with gimmicks, sell records. There’s a reason artists like Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry and Taylor Swift dominate the charts and artists like Marsha Ambrosius, Ledisi and Chrisette Michele don’t get the play they deserve. It’s called a gimmick and the music industry is one place where you can see the consumer devour falsehoods for the sake of entertainment.
Honestly, did you know anything about Morgan Freeman’s new movie, “Now You See Me” until you saw the viral video link of him falling asleep during a press interview about said film? I know I didn’t and I work in the media! Celebrities often have to play the game too. They could just offer us up their talents without the bells and whistles, but we’ve proven time and time again, we want to be entertained.
Check out this list of celebrities who are soon-to-be-graduates from the Britney Spears School Of Strange.
"Weird" Celebs We Don't Believe
1. Erykah BaduSource: 1 of 11
2. Lady GagaSource: 2 of 11
3. Rick RossSource: 3 of 11
4. Lauryn HillSource: 4 of 11
5. Kanye WestSource: 5 of 11
6. Janelle MonaeSource: 6 of 11
7. Trinidad JamesSource: 7 of 11
8. KeshaSource: 8 of 11
9. Will.I.AmSource: 9 of 11
10. Amanda BynesSource: 10 of 11
11. Nicki MinajSource: 11 of 11
Editor’s Note: This is not to negate anyone’s talent. I am only making an observation based on my own opinions.
LIKE HelloBeautiful On Facebook!
Check Out This Gallery Of The Hottest Celebs Of The Week!
Hottest Celeb Pics Of The Week 5-22-13
1. RihannaSource: 1 of 14
2. Solange KnowlesSource: 2 of 14
3. Angela SimmonsSource: 3 of 14
4. Paula PattonSource: 4 of 14
5. Mel B and Stephen BelafonteSource: 5 of 14
6. Zoe SaldanaSource: 6 of 14
7. Eva MarcilleSource: 7 of 14
8. Chanel ImanSource: 8 of 14
9. Melanie FionaSource: 9 of 14
10. Tamar BraxtonSource: 10 of 14
11. Jessica WhiteSource: 11 of 14
12. Adrienne BailonSource: 12 of 14
13. Selita EbanksSource: 13 of 14
14. Rocsi DiazSource: 14 of 14
We Don’t Believe You, You Need More People: Celebs Whose Gimmicks We’re Not Buying was originally published on hellobeautiful.com