NFL MVP Adrian Peterson has found himself in the middle of controversy due to his beliefs on gay marriage. Peterson doesn’t believe in gay marriage and voiced his opinion in a recent interview with Sirius/XM NFL radio.
The whole conversation came about when Adrian Peterson was asked about his feelings concerning longtime Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe’s support of gay marriage. Chris Kluwe has been very vocal as to why gay marriage needs to be legalized. Although his teammate is throwing his full support behind legalizing gay marriage, Adrian Peterson has an opposing view. When the subject was broached, Peterson said “that’s not something I believe in.”
The interesting thing about his comments is that Peterson has members of his family who are gay. When he was asked about his feelings about his gay family members, Peterson responded, “I have relatives who are gay. I’m not biased towards them. I still treat them the same. I love ‘em. But again, I’m not with that. That’s not something I believe in. But to each his own.”
The state of Minnesota will legalize gay marriage on August 1.
What do you think about Adrian Peterson’s comments about gay marriage? Sound off in our comment section.
READ MORE HOT NEWS COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM:
Top 10 Allegedly Gay Male Athletes
1. Grizzlies Josh SelbySource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Atlanta Falcons Fullback Ovie MughelliSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Kerry RhodesSource:Getty 3 of 10
4. Stevan RidleySource:Getty 4 of 10
5. Eddy CurrySource:Getty 5 of 10
6. Chris BoshSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. Manti Te'OSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. Carl LewisSource:Getty 8 of 10
9. Braylon EdwardsSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. Magic JohnsonSource:Getty 10 of 10
Adrian Peterson On Gay Marriage: I’m Not With That! was originally published on theurbandaily.com