Funeral services for Kris Kross rapper Chris “Mac Daddy” Kelly were held at a Baptist church in Atlanta, today.
According to TMZ, rap mate Chris “Daddy Mac” Smith delivered an emotional speech which left many of Kelly’s friends, fans and family members in tears.
“I know Chris is in heaven,” he said. “He was a true friend.”
He went on to say that dealing with Kelly’s death has been a struggle everyday. “I just want to say, I love you man. I would say Kris Kross forever, but without Chris, it ain’t never gonna be the same. I just hope our legacy for hip-hop is never forgotten. I’m gonna do my part to make sure Chris’ legacy will live on.”
Other guests at the service included Kris Kross founder Jermaine Dupri and label mate Da Brat, who both wore their pants backwards in the late rapper’s honor.
According to reports, R&B singer Keke Wyatt and the members of Xscape both gave performances.
Kelly’s mother told police he had an “extensive history of drug use” and used a mixture of cocaine and heroin on the night before his death. The 34-year-old was found unresponsive in his Georgia home on May 1st.
Check Out This Gallery
Celebs Who Died Of Drug Overdoses [PHOTOS]
1. Ol' Dirty BastardSource: 1 of 18
2. River PhoenixSource: 2 of 18
3. Chris FarleySource: 3 of 18
4. John BelushiSource: 4 of 18
5. Jean-Michel BasquiatSource: 5 of 18
6. David RuffinSource: 6 of 18
7. Jimi HendrixSource: 7 of 18
8. Marilyn MonroeSource: 8 of 18
9. Dorothy DandridgeSource: 9 of 18
10. Jim MorrisonSource: 10 of 18
11. Janis JoplinSource: 11 of 18
12. Elvis PresleySource: 12 of 18
13. Billie HolidaySource: 13 of 18
14. Anna Nicole SmithSource: 14 of 18
15. Heath LedgerSource: 15 of 18
16. Michael JacksonSource: 16 of 18
17. Kriss KrossSource: 17 of 18
18. Amy WinehouseSource: 18 of 18
Kris Kross Rapper Chris Smith Gives Tearful Speech At Chris Kelly’s Funeral was originally published on hellobeautiful.com