THE DETROIT ZOO IS LOOKING FOR A GUEST RELATIONS SUPERVISOR!!
Guest Relations Supervisor
|January 11, 2013 – March 18, 2013|
|Location:||Royal Oak, MI|
|Employment Type:||Seasonal – Full Time|
|Description:||Join the excitement and fun at the Detroit Zoo as a Guest Relations Supervisor. You will be a part of the Zoo experience for our guests and visitors as you work with your team of Guest Relations Assistants to help our guests enjoy their visit.|
|Duties:||• Carries out assignments with the goals of providing visitors an engaging, meaningful, and memorable experience
• Supervises a group of cashiers engaged in collecting parking, admission, rental and ride revenue
• Maintains cash control procedures and follow-up on any cash discrepancies
• Prepares work schedules, completes timecards and manages the performance for all seasonal staff
• Interacts with guests courteously and professionally to enhance the visitor experience and resolves any customer dissatisfaction issues
• Interacts with large volumes of guests in a fast paced environment
• Respond to visitor inquiries
• Works outdoors the majority of the time; frequent walking, bending, lifting required
• Must be able to work week ends and nights
• Performs sundry clerical duties
Work will be performed in an outdoor environment in various conditions. Employees must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time. While performing the duties of these jobs, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. The employee must be able to lift 25 pounds.
|Qualifications:||• Completion of one and preferably two years in a university of recognized standing
• Two years of recent customer service experience or related area
• One year of supervisory experience
• Ability to perform cash handling functions
• Ability to operate a personal computer
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to employees and guests
• Knowledge of standard business principles and practices
• Valid State of Michigan Driver’s license required
• Must be able to work weekends and nights. To perform these jobs successfully, individuals must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
|PLEASE APPLY AT: WWW.DETROITZOO.ORG