This job requires a high school diploma and 2 years of experience.
Under direct supervision of qualified orthopedic personnel, and according to established policies and procedures, performs both technical and non-technical duties such as applying traction equipment, applying and removing casts, providing operation room assistance, maintaining equipment, ensuring adequate inventory and/or supplies, and related duties.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent with additional classes in basic science and anatomy
2. 1-2 years experience in related patient care activities.
1. Interpersonal and communication skills necessary for maintaining productive relationships with medical and nursing staff.
2. Manual dexterity and visual acuity for passing instruments, cutting sutures, and related work.
3. Ability to stand and walk while performing daily rounds at least 80& of the time.
4. Ability to reach, bend push, pull and lift while applying/adjusting orthopedic equipment and providing assistance to patients.