DETROIT BEHAVIORAL INSTITUTE, INC are looking for a Youth Specialist
This job requires a high school diploma.
This is a Full Time, Regular Employee position located in Detroit.
Title: Youth Specialist
Reports to: Shift Supervisor, Program Coordinator and Program Director.
Participates in observing, reporting, and recording of resident behaviors under the supervision of the Shift Supervisor. Responsible for helping provide a safe and secure environment for all residents and staff in compliance with policies and procedures.
1. Two years of college in a social or human service field; or
2. A high school degree or equivalent and at least two years experience working with troubled youth.
II. Job Duties:
• To observe, report and record behavior of residents
• To assist in the delivery of physical care for residents as needed
• To provide an accurate summary of each youth’s daily behavior in their progress notes
• To assist in the treatment and rehabilitation of residents, in accordance with the treatment plan, unit philosophy, and program policies
• To assist in the maintenance of the unit environment in compliance with the treatment plan, unit philosophy, and program policies
• To demonstrate ability and willingness to learn new procedures and develop new skills
• To maintain a professional and ethical code of behavior
• Facilitate thorough room/resident searches
• Assigns and facilitates Group Talks
• Facilitates Self Calls
• Assigns and ensures youth’s follow up on Rational Thinking Papers and Therapeutic Follow Up assignments
• Ability to identify normal childhood/adolescent problems, i.e., overly timid, general negativism, from abnormal childhood/adolescent behavior
• Identifies forces that shape development of children/adolescents through childhood/adolescent years
• Responds with therapeutic interventions to childhood/adolescent disruptive behavior disorders of:
o Separation anxiety
o Impaired social interaction
o Disturbance of self-concept/self-esteem
o Ineffective coping
o Sexual acting out
o Aggressive behaviors
o Suicidal ideations
• Facilitates residents through developmental task of identity versus role confusion
• Assists residents in adjusting to changes related to puberty, if needed
• Identifies verbal and non-verbal cues for potential aggressive behavior and applies de-escalation techniques to situation
• Differentiates between acute and chronic problems
• Facilitates evolution of independent life skills development
• Provides individual care to each resident while being consistent in privileges and consequences
• Appropriately complete Incident Reports, as needed
• Attends all mandatory trainings
• Performs all other duties as assigned
Please apply by Email or by Fax.
Fax: (313)831-3510 Email: email@example.com