SPECIAL MULTI SERVICES, INC. are looking for a Staff Accountant
This job requires a bachelor’s degree and 4 years of experience.
his is a Full Time, Regular Employee position located in Detroit.
The Staff Accountant provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing financial statements and participating and increasing best practices within the finance department.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparing consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
• Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
• Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
• Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
• Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
• Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
• Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
• Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger systems; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Assists with Office Administration and Management.
• Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related field.
• 3-5 years of Accounting experience.
• Reporting Skills
• Deadline oriented and detailed person.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Ability to hold information confidential.
• Ability to work independently, takes initiative, and handles a variety of activities concurrently.
• Ability to anticipate challenges, plan for solutions, and work within existing structures to overcome barriers.
• Intermediate level of proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office Suites applications.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Limited travel capacity
• Quickbooks or Quickbooks Pro
• Supervisory experience
Please apply by Email.