This job requires a bachelor’s degree and 4 years of experience.
The Staff Accountant provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing financial statements and participating and increasing best practices within the finance department.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparing consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
• Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
• Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
• Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
• Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
• Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
• Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
• Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger systems; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.