It was a tragic accident that left one man dead, and could’ve ended much worse for many others. But thanks to the quick actions of Daniel McAndrew and Terry McGregor, nine lives were saved.
On Wednesday, the two men were honored by the U.S. National Coast Guard Sector Detroit and given the Captain David P. Dobbins award. It’s presented for excellence in search and rescue, but rarely given to civilians like McAndrew and McGregor.
On July 2nd, McAndrew, who was working nearby at Marine One Towing, heard a mayday call on the radio and rushed to the scene of a two-boat accident on St. Clair Lake. He pulled out several victims and called McGregor for help. Eric Morey of Clawson was killed in the accident, but nine other people survived.
Both men said they were humbled by the Coast Guard award. “The real heroes are the doctors and nurses in the ER that put those people back together. I just went in and got them,” McAndrew said.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @BREEZYDOLL
Here’s more popular post:
- WINNERS: Up Close with Trey for A Day
- [VIDEO] “I gave Trey Songz A piece Of @ss In Detroit”
- WIN FRONT ROW TICKETS to USHER & TREY SONGZ
- Shorty Da Prince Addresses Trey Songz About His Girl Leaving Him For Trey!
- Job Alert: Comcast Is Looking To Hire 100 People!
- HOT 102.7 Celebrity Santa! Come Out Dec. 5: TONS OF GIVEAWAYS ON SITE!
- If You Missed It: Nicki Minaj ‘My Time Now’ Full Documentary
- JOB ALERT: HOME DEPOT IS IN SEARCH OF CASHIERS!
- Is Matt Kemp Cheating On Rihanna?
- Kanye West & Nicki Minaj Claim Top Spots On Album Charts