A campaign is urging shoppers to buy Michigan products this holiday.
The “Buy Michigan Now” campaign offers a few tips to help shoppers keep their money in Michigan.
1. Download Buy Michigan Now 2010 Holiday Gift Guide: You can find new ideas and discover companies you may not have known about, and even keep it local while shopping. (Click here for guide)
2. Take the ShopMIDowntown Challenge: Do 75% of your purchasing in downtowns, rather than malls, as you are more likely to find local products and independently owned stores.
3. Buy Michigan Foods/Beverages as Gifts: They are easy to find, come in wide varieties, and are a very practical gift during these difficult times.
4. Go to Brick and Mortar Stores: Shopping in actual stores helps preserve the jobs of your Michigan neighbors.
5. Shop Michigan Online: If convenience merits shopping online, consider Michigan-based stores and brands like Meijer, Borders, ABC Warehouse, Dunham’s Sports, Moosejaw, Sanders, American Spoon, and Cherry Republic, to name a few.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER:@BREEZYDOLL
Here’s what everyone has been buzzing about on Twitter:
- hiphopdetroit: If You Missed It: Nicki Minaj ‘My Time Now’ Full Documentary http://ow.ly/1afa4t
- hiphopdetroit: Drake Makes $150,000 Per Performance – According to SmokingGun.com Young Money artist Drake pulls $150,000 a perform… http://ow.ly/1aeWV6
- hiphopdetroit: Kanye West & Nicki Minaj Claim Top Spots On Album Charts – And the preliminary numbers are in… According to HitsD… http://ow.ly/1aeWV9
- hiphopdetroit: 10 Not-Black Men, Black Women Love – Two weeks ago I did a list called 20 Not-Black Women, Black Men Love. Theurband… http://ow.ly/1aeWVg
- hiphopdetroit: Eva Marcille & Flo Rida Couple Up At Listening Party [PHOTOS] http://ow.ly/1aeWVc