The sounds of clicking keyboards may be harmonious in offices around the country on Monday, but some employees won’t be working on that new spreadsheet.
Several of your co-workers will likely be finding holiday deals online on Cyber Monday. An estimated 70 to 100 million people are expected to browse web sites and buy must-have gifts.
According to the National Retail Federation, many Americans will opt to cyber shop from home, but others will also set aside time over their lunch hours or at the end of the day to shop online from work. According to the survey, 54.5% of workers with Internet access, or 70.1 million people, will shop for holiday gifts from the office on Monday.
Cyber Monday was officially born five years ago, after the National Retail Federation noticed that many people were buying gifts online once they got back to work after the Thanksgiving holiday.
Last year, $887 million was spent on Cyber Monday, making it the second-highest spending day of that year.
Retailers are hoping for a repeat. Experts say nearly nine out of 10 stores plan to offer special deals, including free shipping.
To get a look at the deals CLICK HERE .
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @BREEZYDOLL
Here’s what everyone’s talking about on Hothiphopdetroit.com :
- Verizon Wireless Is Hiring ALL OVER Michigan!!!
- Holiday 20/10 Giveaway
- Detroit & Ypsi Battle For The Crown Of Nations Best Beats
- Nicki Minaj Shows Off Her Giblets At Thanksgiving Concert [VIDEO]
- Lil’ Kim Comes Back At Nicki Minaj With “Black Friday”
- FANTASY FRIDAY: Dior Miniaudiere Palette
- Five Ways The Miami Heat Can Salvage Their Season
- Lord Have Mercy Slaughtered Pilgrims On “Paint Your Face”
- “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy” Album Review
- Deceased NFL Star’s Donated Organs Save 4 Lives