Detroit is marking its first day of Peace and Healing on November 22,2010. On November 9th, the United Communities of America proposed to the Detroit City Council that the 22nd of each month be declared “Citywide Day of Peace and Healing.” The council unanimously agreed and issued an official resolution.
The campaign of peace and healing kicks off Nov. 22, at 5 p.m. on the 13th floor of the Coleman A. Young Municipal Center. Organizers say the event is aimed at showing commitment to the community and say they would “rather live in peace than rest in it.”
For more information, call (313) 319-9223.
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @BREEZYDOLL
CHECK OUT THESE AWESOME TWITTER POST:
- hiphopdetroit: Another Woman Claims Tony Parker Was Sexting Her – Not only did Tony Parker emotionally cheat on his wife Eva Longor… http://ow.ly/1a7d5D
- hiphopdetroit: Fantasia Testifies In Court, Admits To Aborting Antwuan Cook’s Baby http://ow.ly/1a7d5H
- hiphopdetroit: Kid Rock Earns Standing Ovation at American Music Awards – Kid Rock showed out for Detroit Sunday night with his per… http://ow.ly/1a7aPN
- hiphopdetroit: Lloyd Banks Says “50 Cent Is The Ultimate Song Writer, Eminem Is The Complete Lyricist” http://ow.ly/1a78CU
- hiphopdetroit: Vikings Fire Brad Childress; Name African-American Leslie Frazier Head Coach http://ow.ly/1a72D3