DTE Energy is boosting incentives for customers to turn in their old refrigerators and freezers.
The company is now paying $50 to customers who recycle energy-guzzling appliances, an increase of $10 over the previous payout.
“Turning in one or more of these old appliances is a great way for customers to make their home more energy efficient,” said Heidi Muri, who manages DTE Energy’s appliance recycling program. “Not only will they save money by using less energy, they’ll also help the environment.”
The refrigerators or freezers must be in working condition and have an inside measurement of 10 to 30 cubic feet.
DTE is offering to pickup the units, but the program is limited to removal of two units per household.
For more information, visit the company’s energy efficiency web site at YourEnergySavings.com .
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @BREEZYDOLL
- The Truth Behind Shorty Da Princes Arrest In Detroit!
- Detroit Police Arrest Shorty Da Prince Live On Air!
- Win A Copy of ‘Pink Friday’
- WINNING WEEKEND: See “Runaway” Screening @ A Secret Location!
- JOB ALERT: CHASE BANK IS LOOKING TO HIRE 200 PEOPLE
- OUTRAGEOUS! Brawl Breaks Out Inside Club At East Side Of Detroit!
- JOB ALERT: Wayne State University Physician Group is Hiring!
- Thanksgiving Day Parade
- JOB ALERT: MOTOR CITY CASINO NEEDS BOX OFFICE CLERK
- Starbuck’s “Buy One Get One” Holiday Tradition