Source: Getty / Getty
Marijuana tax has become a hot button issue in the state of Michigan over the last year, and now the Michigan Senate has approved medical marijuana tax and regulations.
According to Local 4:
The Republican-controlled Senate voted 25-12 for a bill Thursday to require a state operating license to grow, process, sell, transport or test marijuana used for medical purposes.
Another bill clarifies that allowable marijuana includes non-smokable forms such as oils, food items and pills.
“Provisioning centers” that sell marijuana to patients or their caregivers would pay a 3 percent tax on their gross retail income.
The Senate voted nearly a year after the legislation won House approval. The House could take final votes as early as next week.
The Internet Reacts To Video Of Malia Obama Smoking Weed
11 photos Launch gallery
1. The internet lost it after a video surfaced of Malia Obama smoking a weed cigarette while at Lollapalooza.
1 of 11
2. Page Six took a page from the classic stoner film “Friday” for their headline.
2 of 11
3. Fans came to her defense by putting rat emojis in the comments of the girl who snitched on her and shopped the video around.
3 of 11
5. One fan truly sympathized with the first daughter.
5 of 11
6. Twitter did not come to play.
6 of 11
7. Sen. John McCain’s daughter even defended the teen.
7 of 11
8. The universe works in mysterious ways.
8 of 11
9. Fellow stoners wanted to know.
9 of 11
10. Many Malia supporters questioned some media outlets for sharing the story.
10 of 11
11. End of story.
11 of 11