Detroit Teen Shocked By Down Power Line

Comments: 0  | Leave A Comment

source: WXYZ Detroit

source: WXYZ Detroit

DETROIT, Mich. (HOT HEADLINES)- A 14-year-old teen has been transported to an Ann Arbor hospital after being shocked by a down power line. It happened on Lyndon Street on Detroit’s west-side.

Malik Shelton allegedly was walking home from school with friends on Monday, after being told class was cancelled due to the effects of Sunday night’s storm.

His friend said a wire was hanging and he grabbed it to move it out the way and that is when he was shocked.

The victim’s stepmother says he is fighting for his life as authorities confirm that he is breathing on his own, but has a weak pulse.

According to police the teens were seen by their principal trying to help Shelton (with the use of a two-by-four and a stick) who then waved down fire crews to get the wire off the boy.

Join the Conversation! Share and Discuss!

  • More Related Content

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus