Why is that we always want what we don’t have? Back in the days when I wore shoulder-length straight hair, I wanted curly hair–a looser curl that had a ton of body and shine to it. But how to achieve that look was anyone’s guess.
From sponge rollers, which always left a dent, to small-barreled hair curling irons that always seemed to leave nasty burns on my delicate digits I just wasn’t getting the results I wanted–the kind that didn’t involve my hair stylist Mom and plenty of at-home curling blunders.
Fast-forward to present day and here we have Infiniti Pro Curl Secret by Conair ($99.99, Ulta Stores and online). A tool that looks a little scary until you get up close and personal to understand it’s capabilities. This system is basically fool-proof, unless you’re me who got a few strands stuck in the ceramic chamber at testing time. Tzzzhe chamber that churns out the most lovely curls I must say when you finally get the hang of this tool. Don’t be alarmed ladies, I recovered the entire length of those strands without further incident.
‘Infiniti’ is one of my “Best in Tools” because it really does make getting extraordinary curls rather easy. The benefits? There’s no wear and tear on your shoulders and you won’t suffer from finger burn as a result of using this hair tool.
If you don’t view the video, then follow these steps to attain your dream ‘do:
Step 1: Start with tangle-free, clean, dry hair.
Step 2: Make sure the Curl Chamber is facing your head.
Step 3: Open the handles and place a 1-½ section of hair in the Curl Chamber.
Step 4: Close the handles and watch as your hair is automatically drawn into the device and comes out 8-12 seconds later (you choose the time) with a beautifully-formed spiral curl.
Step 5: Once you hear four rapid succession beeps, open the handles and release that section of hair and repeat until your entire head is completed.
For those of you concerned with whether ‘Infiniti’ will burn your hair? Don’t be. It heats up to 400 F and stops sending heat to your hair after a maximum of 12 seconds in the curl chamber.
The verdict: B+. ‘Infiniti’ does take some getting used to, but when you’ve finally mastered the ways of this machine, you’ll be a curling aficionado.
50 Products For Effortless Frizz-Free Curls
1. Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curls1 of 46
2. Eden Bodyworks Peppermint Tea Oil2 of 46
3. Hair Rules Quench Conditioner3 of 46
4. Carol’s Daughter Monoi Collection4 of 46
5. Carol’s Daughter Lisa’s Hair Elixir Fortifying Scalp Spray and Restoring Oil5 of 46
6. Kinky Curly Knot Today6 of 46
7. Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curls7 of 46
8. Ouidad Heat and Humidity Gel8 of 46
9. Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner9 of 46
10. Shea Terra Organics Argan and Ghassool Shampoo Bar10 of 46
11. Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner11 of 46
12. Curl Junkie Honey Butta Leave In Conditioner12 of 46
13. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo13 of 46
14. Curls Unleashed Curl Defining Creme14 of 46
15. EDEN BodyWorks JojOba Monoi All Natural Conditioner15 of 46
16. Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner16 of 46
17. Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo17 of 46
18. Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo18 of 46
19. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo19 of 46
20. Motions Hair Naturally You Products20 of 46
21. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner21 of 46
22. Cantu Shea Butter Twist And Lock Gel22 of 46
23. Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Shampoo23 of 46
24. Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter24 of 46
25. OBIA Curl Hydration Spray25 of 46
26. Anu Down Under Deep Conditioner26 of 46
27. Anu Leave-In Conditioner27 of 46
28. Anu Green Tea Oil28 of 46
29. Komaza Moja Shampoo29 of 46
30. Ojon Damage Reverse Shampoo30 of 46
31. Giovanni All-Natural Hair Styling Mousse Air-Turbo Charged31 of 46
32. Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Gel32 of 46
33. AG Re:coil33 of 46
34. Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper34 of 46
35. Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite35 of 46
36. Miss Jessie’s Curly Meringue36 of 46
37. Tigi Catwalk Curlesque Curls Rock Amplifier37 of 46
38. Aussie Moist Shampoo38 of 46
39. Original Moxie Oasis Moisture Gel39 of 46
40. Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel40 of 46
41. Moroccan Oil41 of 46
42. Agadir Oil Hair Treatment42 of 46
43. Mixed Chick Leave-In Conditioner43 of 46
44. Bye Bye Parabens44 of 46
45. Yarok Hair45 of 46
46. Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue Conditioner46 of 46
MORE ON STYLE & BEAUTY: