Why is that we always want what we don’t have? Back in the days when I wore shoulder-length straight hair, I wanted curly hair–a looser curl that had a ton of body and shine to it. But how to achieve that look was anyone’s guess.
From sponge rollers, which always left a dent, to small-barreled hair curling irons that always seemed to leave nasty burns on my delicate digits I just wasn’t getting the results I wanted–the kind that didn’t involve my hair stylist Mom and plenty of at-home curling blunders.
Fast-forward to present day and here we have Infiniti Pro Curl Secret by Conair ($99.99, Ulta Stores and online). A tool that looks a little scary until you get up close and personal to understand it’s capabilities. This system is basically fool-proof, unless you’re me who got a few strands stuck in the ceramic chamber at testing time. Tzzzhe chamber that churns out the most lovely curls I must say when you finally get the hang of this tool. Don’t be alarmed ladies, I recovered the entire length of those strands without further incident.
‘Infiniti’ is one of my “Best in Tools” because it really does make getting extraordinary curls rather easy. The benefits? There’s no wear and tear on your shoulders and you won’t suffer from finger burn as a result of using this hair tool.
If you don’t view the video, then follow these steps to attain your dream ‘do:
Step 1: Start with tangle-free, clean, dry hair.
Step 2: Make sure the Curl Chamber is facing your head.
Step 3: Open the handles and place a 1-½ section of hair in the Curl Chamber.
Step 4: Close the handles and watch as your hair is automatically drawn into the device and comes out 8-12 seconds later (you choose the time) with a beautifully-formed spiral curl.
Step 5: Once you hear four rapid succession beeps, open the handles and release that section of hair and repeat until your entire head is completed.
For those of you concerned with whether ‘Infiniti’ will burn your hair? Don’t be. It heats up to 400 F and stops sending heat to your hair after a maximum of 12 seconds in the curl chamber.
The verdict: B+. ‘Infiniti’ does take some getting used to, but when you’ve finally mastered the ways of this machine, you’ll be a curling aficionado.
50 Products For Effortless Frizz-Free Curls
1. Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curls1 of 43
2. Eden Bodyworks Peppermint Tea Oil2 of 43
3. Hair Rules Quench Conditioner3 of 43
4. Carol’s Daughter Monoi Collection4 of 43
5. Carol’s Daughter Lisa’s Hair Elixir Fortifying Scalp Spray and Restoring Oil5 of 43
6. Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curls6 of 43
7. Ouidad Heat and Humidity Gel7 of 43
8. Shea Terra Organics Argan and Ghassool Shampoo Bar8 of 43
9. Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner9 of 43
10. Curl Junkie Honey Butta Leave In Conditioner10 of 43
11. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo11 of 43
12. EDEN BodyWorks JojOba Monoi All Natural Conditioner12 of 43
13. Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner13 of 43
14. Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo14 of 43
15. Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo15 of 43
16. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo16 of 43
17. Motions Hair Naturally You Products17 of 43
18. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner18 of 43
19. Cantu Shea Butter Twist And Lock Gel19 of 43
20. Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Shampoo20 of 43
21. Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter21 of 43
22. OBIA Curl Hydration Spray22 of 43
23. Anu Down Under Deep Conditioner23 of 43
24. Anu Leave-In Conditioner24 of 43
25. Anu Green Tea Oil25 of 43
26. Komaza Moja Shampoo26 of 43
27. Ojon Damage Reverse Shampoo27 of 43
28. Giovanni All-Natural Hair Styling Mousse Air-Turbo Charged28 of 43
29. Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Gel29 of 43
30. AG Re:coil30 of 43
31. Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper31 of 43
32. Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite32 of 43
33. Miss Jessie’s Curly Meringue33 of 43
34. Tigi Catwalk Curlesque Curls Rock Amplifier34 of 43
35. Aussie Moist Shampoo35 of 43
36. Original Moxie Oasis Moisture Gel36 of 43
37. Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel37 of 43
38. Moroccan Oil38 of 43
39. Agadir Oil Hair Treatment39 of 43
40. Mixed Chick Leave-In Conditioner40 of 43
41. Bye Bye Parabens41 of 43
42. Yarok Hair42 of 43
43. Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue Conditioner43 of 43
MORE ON STYLE & BEAUTY: