Why is that we always want what we don’t have? Back in the days when I wore shoulder-length straight hair, I wanted curly hair–a looser curl that had a ton of body and shine to it. But how to achieve that look was anyone’s guess.
From sponge rollers, which always left a dent, to small-barreled hair curling irons that always seemed to leave nasty burns on my delicate digits I just wasn’t getting the results I wanted–the kind that didn’t involve my hair stylist Mom and plenty of at-home curling blunders.
Fast-forward to present day and here we have Infiniti Pro Curl Secret by Conair ($99.99, Ulta Stores and online). A tool that looks a little scary until you get up close and personal to understand it’s capabilities. This system is basically fool-proof, unless you’re me who got a few strands stuck in the ceramic chamber at testing time. Tzzzhe chamber that churns out the most lovely curls I must say when you finally get the hang of this tool. Don’t be alarmed ladies, I recovered the entire length of those strands without further incident.
‘Infiniti’ is one of my “Best in Tools” because it really does make getting extraordinary curls rather easy. The benefits? There’s no wear and tear on your shoulders and you won’t suffer from finger burn as a result of using this hair tool.
If you don’t view the video, then follow these steps to attain your dream ‘do:
Step 1: Start with tangle-free, clean, dry hair.
Step 2: Make sure the Curl Chamber is facing your head.
Step 3: Open the handles and place a 1-½ section of hair in the Curl Chamber.
Step 4: Close the handles and watch as your hair is automatically drawn into the device and comes out 8-12 seconds later (you choose the time) with a beautifully-formed spiral curl.
Step 5: Once you hear four rapid succession beeps, open the handles and release that section of hair and repeat until your entire head is completed.
For those of you concerned with whether ‘Infiniti’ will burn your hair? Don’t be. It heats up to 400 F and stops sending heat to your hair after a maximum of 12 seconds in the curl chamber.
The verdict: B+. ‘Infiniti’ does take some getting used to, but when you’ve finally mastered the ways of this machine, you’ll be a curling aficionado.
50 Products For Effortless Frizz-Free Curls
1. Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curls1 of 45
2. Eden Bodyworks Peppermint Tea Oil2 of 45
3. Hair Rules Quench Conditioner3 of 45
4. Carol’s Daughter Monoi Collection4 of 45
5. Carol’s Daughter Lisa’s Hair Elixir Fortifying Scalp Spray and Restoring Oil5 of 45
6. Kinky Curly Knot Today6 of 45
7. Miss Jessie’s Pillow Soft Curls7 of 45
8. Ouidad Heat and Humidity Gel8 of 45
9. Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner9 of 45
10. Shea Terra Organics Argan and Ghassool Shampoo Bar10 of 45
11. Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner11 of 45
12. Curl Junkie Honey Butta Leave In Conditioner12 of 45
13. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo13 of 45
14. EDEN BodyWorks JojOba Monoi All Natural Conditioner14 of 45
15. Curl Junkie Daily Fix Cleansing Conditioner15 of 45
16. Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo16 of 45
17. Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo17 of 45
18. Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo18 of 45
19. Motions Hair Naturally You Products19 of 45
20. Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioner20 of 45
21. Cantu Shea Butter Twist And Lock Gel21 of 45
22. Beautiful Textures Tangle Taming Shampoo22 of 45
23. Beautiful Textures Moisture Butter23 of 45
24. OBIA Curl Hydration Spray24 of 45
25. Anu Down Under Deep Conditioner25 of 45
26. Anu Leave-In Conditioner26 of 45
27. Anu Green Tea Oil27 of 45
28. Komaza Moja Shampoo28 of 45
29. Ojon Damage Reverse Shampoo29 of 45
30. Giovanni All-Natural Hair Styling Mousse Air-Turbo Charged30 of 45
31. Ouidad Curl Quencher Moisturizing Gel31 of 45
32. AG Re:coil32 of 45
33. Curly Hair Solutions Curl Keeper33 of 45
34. Curl Junkie Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite34 of 45
35. Miss Jessie’s Curly Meringue35 of 45
36. Tigi Catwalk Curlesque Curls Rock Amplifier36 of 45
37. Aussie Moist Shampoo37 of 45
38. Original Moxie Oasis Moisture Gel38 of 45
39. Organic Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel39 of 45
40. Moroccan Oil40 of 45
41. Agadir Oil Hair Treatment41 of 45
42. Mixed Chick Leave-In Conditioner42 of 45
43. Bye Bye Parabens43 of 45
44. Yarok Hair44 of 45
45. Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue Conditioner45 of 45
MORE ON STYLE & BEAUTY: