Job Title: Cage Cashier ( GREEKTOWN CASINO AND HOTEL)
| GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Processes transactions with customers related to chip transactions, check cashing, marker issuance/redemption, frontmoney/safekeeping issuance/redemption, coupon redemption, cash back redemption and credit card advance issuance. This position also handles any monetary transactions with all inter-departmental personnel. This is a fast-paced area requiring diversification in job responsibilities.TYPICAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS: Requires mobility and prolonged standing. Requires bending, reaching and lifting. Requires transporting, pushing, pulling and maneuvering items weighing up to 30 lbs. Requires eye/hand coordination, vision corrected to 20/20 and clear hearing range. Regular, predictable attendance required; requires normal vision range and absence of color blindness; requires the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols. Constant contact with public and staff is required.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a secured area of the casino, which is a smoky and noisy environment.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (includes, but is not limited to, the following):
- Issue and accept return of banks for all departments in the casino.
- Exchange currency and coin for all departments.
- Cash-out cocktail and valet employee tips.
- Sell chips to gaming guests
- Redeem chips to gaming guests
- Redeem coupons to gaming guests
- Issue cage markers to gaming guests
- Redeem cage/pit markers for credit patrons
- Process personal checks for gaming guests
- Process cash advance checks for gaming guests
- Process cash back vouchers for gaming guests
- Process jackpot payouts for slot department
- Process all taxable documents for jackpots
- Process chips for table fills
- Process chips for table credits
- Adhere to Michigan Gaming Regulation requirements.
- Secure and document all recordable transactions made with Company assets.
- Balance all paperwork associated with department.
- Other job-duties as assigned.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Exhibit excellent customer service skills.
| PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Good communication skills. Understand and comply with state, federal, Company and departmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures. Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English. Ability to use adding machine, jet sort, and computers efficiently. Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff. Ability to maintain confidentiality of patron information.
Education: High school education or equivalent required
Experience: Minimum one (1) year cash handling experience or equivalent customer service experience.
Certificate/License: Michigan Gaming Occupational Level Two License
Also On Hot 107.5: