THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN IS LOOKING FOR AN ASSISTANT TO THE HEAD COACH!!
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Provide administrative support to women’s basketball head coach and assist with the operations of the women’s basketball program. The position is responsible for special projects as assigned by the head coach and women’s basketball coaching staff.
1. Administrative support: anticipate, support and assist head coach and entire women’s basketball staff with daily administrative needs, order and maintain supplies, schedule and maintain multiple calendars, handle general phone calls and inquiries.
2. Recruiting support: Support all administrative areas of recruiting including liaising with JumpForward and organizing and executing recruiting materials. Organize travel arrangements and arrange meetings with recruits on and off site.
3. Financial support: Verify and submit all women’s basketball travel and p-card transactions.
4. Summer camp support: Assist basketball staff with summer camps and clinics.
5. External relations: Assist in expanding and maintaining alumni relations and assist and prepare draft correspondence such as letters, mailings and other documents.
6. Compliance: Ensure compliance with NCAA rules and regulations
A four-year college degree
An understanding of NCAA compliance rules
Ability to interact and communicate with all individuals at all levels of the organization
Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint)
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and time-sensitive demands.
Must exercise initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy and confidentiality
Ability to organize, manage and multi-task a variety of duties with attention to detail. Must be able to meet deadlines in a timely manner while demonstrating flexibility when priorities and deadlines change.
3-5 years of intermediate experience to senior administrative support experience.
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is proud and honored to be recognized as a 2012 Metro Detroit 101 Best & Brightest Place to Work and a 2012 Detroit Free Press Top WorkPlace.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
PLEASE APPLY AT: UMJOBS.ORG