Ford Field Management, LLC is Detroit’s premier sports and entertainment destination and is the game day home of the Detroit Lions. Throughout the year, Ford Field hosts events such as concerts, motorsports, college sports, high school and college graduations, and more. Ford Field also has space available for conferences, meetings, and banquets. Ford Field has hosted major events such as Super Bowl XL and the 2009 NCAA Men’s Basketball Final Four.
Detroit Lions Youth Football Programs are conducted throughout the state of Michigan for the sole purpose of making a positive impact on children’s lives both on and off the field through the game of football.
Ford Field Management and the Detroit Lions currently have a need for Youth Football Coaches. This position will report to the Director of Youth Football.
Youth Football Coaches will be responsible for coaching at the Detroit Lions Summer Youth Football Camps throughout the state of Michigan. Coaches may also be involved in 7-on-7 High School Passing Tournaments and Detroit Lions Coaching Academy.
Hours/Duration of Position:
The hours for this position vary depending on the scheduled camp. This is a part-time seasonal position. Coaches will be expected to work at various Detroit Lions Youth Football Camps throughout the state of Michigan. A minimum of 29 camps will be conducted from June through the first week in August.
During football camps, Coaches will be required to work outdoors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist the Director of Youth Football while coaching football fundamentals at summer camps
• Plan and design coaching techniques for specific position group
• Conduct own drill work with varying age groups ranging from ages 4-18
• Monitor the day-to-day operations of the field while ensuring requisite supplies are available during practices and games
• Involvement of the daily on-site camp registration process, including but not limited to, check-in, waiver collection, t-shirt and name tag distribution
• Enforce safety rules; notifying proper personnel when field maintenance is required, and/or recognize any hazardous situations that would be reported to the camp director
• Assist with other duties as assigned
• The ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop solutions quickly and effectively
• Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a professional manner
• Strong oral and written communications skills. This includes the ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listen and get clarification, as well as the ability to write clearly and informatively
• Ability to exercise initiative and good judgment in regard to working with children and in all Youth Football programs and football outreach initiatives
• Ability to work with a flexible schedule in order to be available for scheduled events, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Must have own transportation to/from football camps and have a valid driver’s license
• High school or collegiate football coaching experience required
• Must have strong desire and ability to work with and develop children ages 4-18
• Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
• Must have clear understanding, knowledge and passion for football
• Must have a positive attitude and a professional demeanor
• Must have clear understanding, knowledge and passion for football with the ability to coach at least one position on both offense and defense
• Teachers certification preferred
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter detailing your qualifications and interest in the position and include a resume summarizing your past work experience. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of resumes received, we regret that we are unable to update you on the status of your candidacy or confirm that your resume was received. NO CALLS PLEASE.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have pervious high school or college coaching experience? Do you have a teaching certificate?
2. Do you have reliable transportation that will allow you to travel to/from camps in various locations throughout the state of Michigan?
3. Are you available to work flexible hours from June through August 2013?
4. How many camps would you be interested in working? Please choose from the following: 0-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10+
5. Please provide your personal coaching philosophy:
6. What excites you about the Youth Football Coach position?
PLEASE APPLY AT: NFL.COM