PERSHING HIGH SCHOOL ARE LOOKING FOR A ATTENDANCE AGENT!
Under the supervision and direction of the Principal or designee, to serve as a liaison between the school leadership, school staff, parents, and Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office to ensure that students are in full attendance.
Essential Job Functions (note this is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position):
· Facilitate the school’s successful implementation of truancy programs that capture attendance data on all potentially at-risk students.
· File reports with the Wayne County Prosecutor’s office as needed
· Develop and implement interviews that promote life-long learning, assistance, and personal development for at-risk youth.
· Communicate with parents regarding student status.
· Monitor at-risk student’s attendance.
· Maintain active logs/records on students.
· Conduct home visits.
· Works effectively as a member of the team to educate students, engage families and the community.
· Establish and maintain effective, collaborative and positive working relationships with students, parents, staff and/or community members.
· Work collaboratively with administrators and the Wayne County Prosecutor’s office to proactively and systematically address truancy.
· Performs other related duties, including special projects, as required or requested.
· A combination of college education and experience working with At Risk Youth and their families.
· Two (2) years related experience in dealing with school aged students.
· Demonstrated ability to connect with students and develop relationships between the school, home and community.
· Demonstrated competence in the use of current Microsoft Office products e.g. Word, Excel. Ability to learn the student management system.
· Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
· Must hold a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation.
· Demonstrated record of good attendance and punctuality.
· Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Demonstrated ability to speak clearly and concisely both in oral and written communication.
· Must meet criminal history background requirements (requires FBI Fingerprint and PSOR clearance)
· Documentation of negative Tuberculosis test and/or other employment clearance.
PLEASE APPLY AT: ZIPRECRUITER.COM