DTE ARE LOOKING FOR A SCHEDULER!
Responsible for the development of computerized critical path schedules for day-to-day operating and maintenance activities in a power plant, or gas/electric operations & maintenance environment. Pre-pares and analyzes daily work schedules to optimize equipment availability and manpower usage; recommends appropriate modifications. Publishes daily work schedules and monitors progress. Documents schedule problems, maintains statistics and performs trend analyses. May work in any of several areas (Nuclear Generation, Fossil Generation, Electrical Distribution Operations, etc.) and be required to pass security screening & drug testing (required for access to certain areas). Span of control: 0; this is an individual contributor job.
- Performs assignments requiring an extensive knowledge of computer- based planning/scheduling and related performance analysis.
- Develops and maintains schedules, resource requirements and applicable management tools necessary in preparation for daily scheduling; may include cost estimates and milestone dates. Takes action necessary to assist in implementing plans.
- Obtains progress, trend, and scope information from the appropriate organizations, and analyzes for major deviations.
- Evaluates scheduling-related data; determines problem causes and recommendations solutions.
- Prepares various management- and/or resource-level reports and schedule analyses.
- Utilizes creativity and initiative to develop, perform, and implement special assignments.
- May make recommendations to organizations regarding preferred planning and scheduling, cost/engineering techniques, methods and metrics.
- May initiate meetings with union and non-union staff, vendors and contractors to develop job scopes for work being requested.
- Communicates information (or facilitates communications) pertinent to the scheduling of operating and maintenance activities across organizational units.
- Participates as an ERO member per organizational requirements.
(Competencies may vary, depending on the discipline or organization)
Minimum: this is a dual-track base requirement job; education & experience requirements can be satisfied through one of the following options:
- High School or GED, & 5-plus years of business unit (nuclear, fossil generation, electric substations/distribution operations, gas, etc.) related experience, including planning & scheduling, or
- Associate degree in engineering, & 2-plus years of business unit- related experience, including planning & scheduling.
Preferred: experience with computerized scheduling tools; candidates for Nuclear Generation positions may be required to have an additional year of experience.
- Knowledge of blueprints, drawings and schematics, construction, electrical equipment, measuring devices, rigging and lifting equipment.
- Proficiency in applicable software: Primavera P6, Microsoft Office, Maximo or alternate, scheduling & planning, etc. sufficient to apply them with limited instruction or guidance; this level of proficiency typically attainable through 4-plus year(s) of substantive experience with the applications.
- Proficient verbal, written and presentation skills; communicates clearly, with credibility and confidence. – Intermediate analytical and project management skills.
- Ability to work in a team and/or matrixed structure, supporting multiple clients.
- Competent in multi-tasking, i.e. the ability to prioritize & manage multiple tasks, issues or projects that may include high- visibility initiatives and require innovation, teamwork & planning.
- Copes with multiple demands from superiors & peers in a positive and even-handed fashion; displays a calm demeanor under pressure.
- Thorough orientation in customer satisfaction-driven business units, and the ability to plan,
- organize, and operate with a Total Customer Satisfaction focus.
- Well-developed organization and planning skills, Incumbents may engage in all or some
- combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize varying combinations of the competencies cited in this description, depending on the organization & role to which they’re assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature & level of work being performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the right of any supervisory or management representative to assign, direct & control the work of employees under his supervision.
PLEASE APPLY BY VISITING :DTEENERGY.TALEO.NET