All persons working within Easter Seals are required to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times and comply with the standards set forth in the Employee Handbook. All employees are required to support the mission of Easter Seals in all activities and act as ambassadors.
2. Screen for co-occurring disorders and recognize diagnostic criteria used to identify substance abuse or dependency.
3. Assesses and evaluates the needs of clients and continues caseload contact to develop goals. Demonstrate the ability to identify stage of change and use interventions consistent with stage of treatment. Assists clients in developing strength-based, stage wise treatment matched person centered plans that are designed to address identified needs. Completes referral forms, clinical and legal documentation necessary to obtain community based services for clients as well as collaboration and communication with other SA/MH community partners.
4. Advocates and provides options for supports and services as needed and seeks out and develops community resources to meet the needs of assigned clients for activities and support services.
5. Educates clients and provides resources for Self Determination options.
6. Assist clients with identifying changes in behavior, attitude, feelings and thoughts that are triggers for relapse. Assist in the development of a relapse prevention plan and crisis plan utilizing a variety of supports including personal, community and treatment interventions.
7. Provides services and supports to ensure that productivity standards are maintained at 60% for direct and indirect services to clients.
8. Provides case management services for clients, families and/or guardians for support, rehabilitation and/or crisis intervention purposes. Monitors and evaluates living situations, school and/or program placements of clients to determine consistency of treatment and progress. Assists in commitment procedures when necessary as well as voluntary admissions. Provides education on self help options such as 12 Step programs, Dual Recovery, and other peer support groups.
9. Support the use of prescribed medications to treat substance use and psychiatric disorders.
10. Attends team meetings to review problems and plan solutions.
11. Ensures that discharge planning activities are performed within the 72 hour requirement for clients being released from a hospital setting.
12. Ensures that paperwork is maintained in accordance with Medicaid and Department of Community Health guidelines, as well as Easter Seals policies and procedures.
13. Maintains up-to-date knowledge and understanding of Medicaid Provider guidelines and other regulatory standards.
8. Travels extensively to various locations throughout Oakland County to assess and evaluate the needs of clients and develop program goals.